Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving House
Hi guys, I am moving house soon and it's stressing me out. Has any one got any tips on how to make it less stressful? On the plus side my new bedroom is bigger.
An eye for an eye

Hi Dan, I just went through a move 2 weeks ago. Went from my own room in a friends house to sharing a room (and bed) with my boyfriend. It was a very stressful time and I had a lot of anxiety and panic attacks. When all was said and done, I came to the conclusion that all the stress and anxiety were for nothing. Totally useless! It all worked out for the best!
It all worked out for the best and as a bonus I have a warm body next to me every night! Try not to stress. It is happening for a reason and that reason just may be for the better. Good luck with your move. It all works out for the best.
I can EXPLAIN it to you but I can't UNDERSTAND it for you
Spoiler:
!

One suggestion, get rid of what you don't need. Pick a date and what clothing you haven't worn since before that date, donate it. The socks that developed holes and got pushed to the back of your sock drawer a long time ago, throw them out. The remote to a device you no longer have or the charging station to an electric shaver you no longer have, toss it or send it to a recycling center. The phone you have somewhere in a drawer that was your phone three phones ago, you don't need it, so don't take it with you. Something like a hand held electric mixer you haven't used in years, give it away or donate it. Receipts to something you've owned for years, you're never returning it, throw them in the trash. Even many of us who are from being hoarders still hold onto a lot of stuff we don't need. Get rid of some stuff before moving and it will make it a little easier.

Organize.
Label boxes with the name of the room where the stuff packed inside will belong...when you're moving boxes in, put them in the right room, it makes it way easier to find stuff.
Pack one box with stuff you'll need right away...clean sheets, towel toiletries, coffeemaker, whatever...it saves you from madly tearing through boxes at 2am looking for a towel so you can take a shower that first night...

Make a list of everywhere you have to change your address...post office first and then bank, registry of motor vehicles, etc...a lot of that you can do online.

As soon as you can, check out the new neighborhood so you know where to buy coffee, gas, etc.

Try to relax...the stress fades quickly and then you get to enjoy the new place...we're actually moving for June 1st and I'm pretty excited!