Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Computer Hates Me!
Just contacted the shop and they say the CD drawer wasn't working when they got it.

1: I installed new printer and camera softwear before things went wrong.

2: They should have corrected the error instead of simply leaving it. Now they want to charge me again!

3: Contact Trading Standards methinks!

13:48 GMT +1

I've contacted Trading Standards and I'm waiting for a call back.

In the meantime, and to be fair, I went to see the guy to clarify his position before I start wheeling out the big guns.

To my mind he has more or less admitted liability when he said, "To be honest it wasn't something we thought of to talk to you about". When you pay for a service, the person performing that service must by law use "All reasonable care and skill", I thought I'd speak to the guy first, let him explain his position in case I misheard or misunderstood anything when I called him.

He's quoted a further £20 to replace the disk drive but has suggested that it may be a dirty laser head which he will clean for free. Something tells me it's more serious than a dirty laser head. I checked for drivers for my printer (Brand new 4 weeks ago) with the Microsoft website and it found some essential components missing... maybe the shop can download them but to replace the physical disk drive they've quoted me £20.

£20 is not THAT much really, it just means I'll have to buy Bitch-Cat's Foxtrot-Oscar-Oscar-Delta (She knows that word so SUSH!) from the 99p store for a couple of weeks.

Thing is, I've lost all trust in that place so I called in as the shop which originally built my computer to my own specifications and they have quoted me £12. So if the law is not on my side I'll go there.

I'm going top ask a friend who does the computer systems for the NHS if he would take a look at things remotely and give me his professional opinion. Opinions, their like arse holes, everyone has one but jay-sus some of 'em stink!

So, gayspeak folk, thank you to everyone who replied to my SOS/CQD. I had to laugh at Kiid's reply when he spoke about his computer touching its self. Bitch cat does that when she thinks I'm not looking!

Thanks again peeps.