Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Day Is Ruined
I just read that Chaka Khan is going to be on Dancing With The Stars....

Well....this is fucked.

For one thing...how can I ever love somebody THAT MUCH if they go on DWTS? Please Chaka...tell me you need an expensive operation and you were out of money...so I can understand....

I can't watch....

Take it your not a fan of DWTS LOL... now your gonna have to watch every episode of Dancing with the stars now Chaka's on it... take deep breaths and hide all throwable objects so the tv doesn't take a stray shoe to the screen, happy viewing tiger

"I can't watch...."

Then don't.

Just because a dog shits in the grass one is not obligated to step in the leavings.
I bid NO Trump!

Well maybe she's doing this to expand her profile just before she releases a new album. After all the last one was in 2008.

matty7 Wrote:Take it your not a fan of DWTS LOL... now your gonna have to watch every episode of Dancing with the stars now Chaka's on it... take deep breaths and hide all throwable objects so the tv doesn't take a stray shoe to the screen, happy viewing tiger

LOL...not a fan is right. I despise that show...not even sure why.

I did watch it twice...when Kristi Yamaguchi was on....and when Apollo Ohno was on...but after a few episodes of sitting through the whole thing which I seriously do not like.....I figured out I could see them on YouTube the next day..and just see Kristi and Apolllo....

I would tune in for Rudy Galindo....

I think I hate the cheesy way they "celebritize" the participants. Anyone over 50 (like Chaka)....you gotta hear them marvel at how they can "still move"

Oh well...I hope she leaves right away....

LJay Wrote:"I can't watch...."

Then don't.

Just because a dog shits in the grass one is not obligated to step in the leavings.

That is true...

...but I am weird...

I have never missed anything Lily Tomlin or Chaka Khan or Diana Ross participated in on TV...been a fan my whole life....Diana first in the 60s...Lily since Laugh In...late 60s... and Chaka since the early 70s....

In other words..I am an extremely loyal fan LOL....the "extremely loyal" thing goes deep in me...and so I feel compelled to "step in the dogshit"...but I would prefer to step in something else...

TigerLover Wrote:Well maybe she's doing this to expand her profile just before she releases a new album. After all the last one was in 2008.

I haven't heard anything..but that would be a good reason at least.....

She is always booked performing somewhere...and she does the jazz thing now on her own as as a vocalist with other people....

I would overlook this choice if there was a new album LOL

I feel you. That show sucks mold. I watched when Margaret Cho was on and was really happy when she left after 3 weeks or so.
Maybe you can turn the sound off when nobody is dancing and listen to her music instead?
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

As a general rule I try not to watch "reality" television mostly because if it was genuine I wouldn't have to put quotation marks around reality. Once in a while I'll watch something if there's nothing interesting on (which seems to be the case more and more these days).

Did you happen to catch the season with Macy Gray? It was so much like watching a five car smash up on the interstate that you couldn't look away. Go on. It's worth it.

Macy Gray on Dancing with the Stars

The bleeped out words at the end are: "busted my cherry out on the dance floor." It was hysterical. She was voted off in the first round.

East Wrote:In other words..I am an extremely loyal fan LOL....the "extremely loyal" thing goes deep in me...and so I feel compelled to "step in the dogshit"...but I would prefer to step in something else...

loyalty doesn't mean you have to be there to witness every second, minute and hour/event of the person/group/thing you're loyal to. that's moving toward being obsessive. loyalty means you will still be there for them even when the person you're loyal to fucks it up by your standards.
''Do I look civilized to you?''