Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Zoo Friends[Animals] <3
donno why but i want a tiger/wolf as a pet :| :| :| love the Peacock though

QueenOdi, what does this mean? I am 66, I have been frightened by animals my whole life. I had about 30 pets because they were abandoned, leftovers or headed for the pound. Life with me would be better than death so I adopted them. About the age of 3 I was surrounded by pigeons and butterflies in the park. I was asked to accompany a baby elephant at 5. We walked thru Macy's in NY and I found myself in a forest of elephant legs in Madison Square Garden. None of the elephants hurt me. They actually seemed more fond of me than I was of them.

At petting zoos, I was overrun by baby animals. At adult zoos, animals got into staring contests with me. They seemed to want me to enter the cage. In South America, a llama tried to French kiss me. In the Andes, I climbed down 3000 feet from a peak. A condor flew by bumping my right shouder with his wing. It didn't hurt but it was scary to have his attention.

In Spain, I was told to see a bull fight. I was a tough marine so I thought it would be fun to see a fight. Instead, they beat a bull to death in front of me. The matador constantly showed contempt for the frightened bull. The bull took one wobbly step forward and died of a heart attack. A man behind me said Ole, he went 6 feet over my head and landed 30 feet inside the arena. A pretty good toss as I recall. Spectators thought I overreacted to the cold blooded murder of a bull. I did not. I told them to fight the fucking matador since they supposedly had brains.

After 66 years of life, I still can't sit in a park without birds, squirrels or ducks etc. come by to visit me. I am still afraid of animals so why do all animals love me and want to hang out? I had 2 dogs I really loved given to me. One was retarded and the other was an old blind dog that I taught how to fetch a stick. Both of those jokers seemed to mistake me for a fire hydrant. What the hell, jeans are washable just like dogs.

I like living on a planet with animals but I prefer to leave animals alone unless I am their meal ticket and they look hungry. I feed any hungry animal I see. I would probably try to rip your balls off if I thought you hurt animals needlessly.

I still don't understand why animals are so attracted to me. This would be a nice trait if I wanted to work in a zoo, but animals frighten me so I give them a wide berth and leave them alone to do their business. Some day I should visit a zoo with a zookeeper and see if my suspicions are right. Maybe I pay to close attention to animals around me. But I never call animals to come over to me. If they come I say hello and tell them my name is John. Pleased to make your acquaintence. Some day I'll get a bee sting and decide they hate me. It's nice to know that not one animal on this planet ever did me harm. I wish I thought that about people.

Actually, God is sending me a message. Until the age of 9, I was beaten, whipped, starved , burned, crushed glass and splinters were driven into my body as well as having my penis and testicles half torn off. I had 2 older sociopathic sisters so I suffered in silence like a dumb animal since things got worse when I wanted help from an adult. My sisters increased the torture whenever I looked like I might speak out. God probably wanted me to know that he still loved me. Boy, did I fall in love with a frail guy who was beaten and bullied like me as a child. As a team we were unbeatable. We dared anyone to hurt us. No one landed a glove on us. My sisters are alive and live like 2 lonely hags but I still have good friends. Even animals still want to spend time with me. You sure don't want to care for animals with someone who is a sociopath.

Be good to animals and God will be good to you. Hope your in love with a great someone, I sure am.

~Update~

So I've been granted permission to take care of more animals Smile , although I didn't take pictures of all of them today Smile.

Oscar, the American Alligator. He's about 60 and is the 2nd oldest animal at the Zoo, behind Crooks of course :p .[I don't take care of him solely, I help a more experienced keeper]
[Image: IMG_1588.jpg]

Crooks and Sally :p . I was walking cross and they look so cute <3
[Image: IMG_1577.jpg]

One of the three Pea-hens[female peacock]. We give the Peahens/cocks lettuce from time to time.
[Image: IMG_1578.jpg]

I believe this is Sakura, one of our two Binturongs. Basically Bear-Cats that live in trees. Very dangerous Wink .
[Image: IMG_1579.jpg]

He was my friend for like 5mins, when I rescued him from a puddle yesterday[it poured like crazy]. He's a common lizard or Anole if you prefer.
[Image: IMG_1581.jpg]

One of our two Mousedeer. Very cute animals, fairly timid until they get to know you. They don't mind being hand-fed, but we don't do it often.
[Image: IMG_1590.jpg]

The Black Hornbill. It lives with the Mousedeers and he is very very wary of humans. He won't attack unless provoked, but he will let you know when he doesn't want you there. As you can somewhat tell from the side glance he was giving me. It's best not to make constant direct eye-contact with them. It makes them nervous.
[Image: IMG_1591.jpg]

And that's it for now :p . There's plenty more, but I'm so busy, it's hard to snap a pic Biglaugh .

Nice update! Hey, this reminds me of "If I Ran the Zoo" :biggrin:

time for an update Odi.

even a itty, bitty, teeny, tiny update would make my week Smile I mean, you've already turned me into another animal lover; you better come back and update your shit.

Really miss your posts man...Cry

TryingNewThing Wrote:time for an update Odi.

even a itty, bitty, teeny, tiny update would make my week Smile I mean, you've already turned me into another animal lover; you better come back and update your shit.

Really miss your posts man...Cry

Oookay :0 . I must've converted you real good lol.

Well here is something small. Although, I've been super-duper busy, between working at the Zoo, studying Veterinary Medicines/Diseases/etc and my Music Studies/Practice, so I haven't been as vigilant as I usually am... My bad Remybussi

~Small Update~

It is small. I've only managed to get a gew pics last week.

This is of my favourite Radiated Tortoise, Mo. As you can kinda see, he's got an slight infection of the ear, possibly the Parathyroid in my novice opinion, but the day after this picture, we[the Veterinarian, who is also the head curator and I] drained it, and he bled all over my luckily gloved hands. Now he looks like the rest of his buddies <3

[Image: IMG_1614.jpg]

This is Petunia. She's part of a Troupe consisting of 3 Ring Tailed Lemurs; Elmer, Penelope and herself, with Penelope the Alpha Female and dominant lemur[female lemurs usually lead the troupe]. She's the youngest as well, at about 17years old, and Penelope being 21 and Elmer about 19.

They often sit like this first thing in the morning. :p

[Image: IMG_1621.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1623.jpg]
[Image: IMG_1626.jpg]

Mo looks good and, Petunia is just plain cute. Glad your job is going well.

Blue Wrote:Mo looks good and, Petunia is just plain cute. Glad your job is going well.

Yeah, Mo is looking quite good. Took almost 40minutes to sedate him though, cause reptiles are already difficult to treat with medicine, not to mention, Chelonians[Turtles/Terrapins/Tortoises] seem to "Go to Sleep" back first, meaning their legs and back area go to sleep first before their front ends, probably to due with their circulatory system. And it's ironically the place we were trying to reach, i.e - his head.

I agree, Petunia is just so precious. I love Penelope though, but she is very old now and is starting to act alittle reclusive. A lot of animals that act anti-social, especially when they're habitually social, is a sign that they are not well. Petunia might have to take over soon, because Lemurs only live for about 25-30years Sad .

They all usually sit up in the trees together like that, like they're watching T.v.

... oops did I ramble about them? Sorry... I tend to do that lol.

Thanks though, I do love working at the Zoo. I love the animals and I think they may love me Loveya .