Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bf is getting HIV from me
Hi. Members. I want to ask for your advise about my situation right now.
I am HIV+ and have been in a relationship with my bf. he acknowledged about my status and recently he told me got tested positive. He got it from me and I feel so guilty if I have to put him through this. I just don't know what to do because he doesn't want to take the medication and now I'm worried that he might get worse. He's been telling me that he feel sick and hisbvody is changing. I know that there is some alternative options that you don't have to take the med. but I don't know if it's effective or not.

Is there any chance that the test result is false and he's just being paranoid? What should I do? Anyone can give me some advise? Thank you in advance.

Get to the doctor, both of you together. Face this. Your only job just now is to support him and get him into treatment. This is not the time to consider "alternative" treaments. The sooner you get to that doctor the better.

Ask for counseling also. There is much that the two of you must face. Get help in facing it.

Good luck.
I bid NO Trump!

I know but I just think that this can be a false alarm. I mean there are many people whie get diagnosed falsely.

second opinion....third opinion...don't settle for first opinion when life relies on it.

max92 Wrote:I know but I just think that this can be a false alarm. I mean there are many people whie get diagnosed falsely.

Maybe, it is possible. But are you willing to gamble his life on it.
Because that is what you're doing right now you're taking the life of the man you love and spinning it on a roulette wheel.

Besides if it is a false positive then you're just enduring guilt, misery and fear for no reason. Better to know for sure.

Maybe you're stalling because you're afraid of the guilt of knowing you infected him. But the guilt you feel right now is nothing compared to crushing remorse that you will feel if he gets sicker. Take his hand, go with him to the doctor and work through this together.
You know it's the right thing to do.

The thing is he doesn't want to go to have a test again. I try to tell him that. It could be wrong. But he insists that he know what he has.... and he will find another way.

I'm sorry to hear your boyfriend is being so stubborn. Hopefully it is just the shock of it all and he will snap out of it soon and get the proper treatment and support. Or, another test confirming that things MIGHT be ok.

It sounds like he is refusing to face it. There's not a lot you can do apart from doing what you're doing and hopefully eventually make him see sense.

He might need a little time to face reality, but he eventually has to deal with it.

Well, nobody can force anybody to take medications, it's still everyone's own choice, although not a very smart one.

If it's from a recent exposure there is little chance that his feeling unwell is due to HIV. HIV takes years to start showing any symptoms. Unless he was infected about 10 years ago, this might be a psychological thing or something else instead.

This being said and out of the way -- the meds are the best option for him in terms of length and quality of life. There is no ''alternative'' option or medicine here that works.

You both should consult your doctors. Good luck.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

The only way he could have got this from you is if you are not on medication yourself.

The treatment works and will make it impossible for both of you to pass this virus to others. It is so effective that you are going to have a long life and end up dying of something else. The rapid test can have false positives and requires a follow up test that is more accurate for final diagnosis.

[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] and [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] are right, you BOTH need to get to the doctor TOGETHER and get your treatment plans going. Just be sure not to miss doses so you both stay healthy.

Forget about the alternative stuff. The medications are well proven to work.