Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My bf is mad at me for I stopped by to their house unannounced?
Jay Wrote:My 2 cents.

You have apologized. Now take a break from your boyfriend. Let your boyfriend cools his head off and if he still loves you, he will get back to you.

Don't push him by trying to text or call him everyday - trying to talk apologize etc. It will only annoy him with you more.

Okay. Thank you. I will do that.

marshlander Wrote:If he didn't reply to your messages and calls maybe there was a good reason? Whatever, he did not reply and you were concerned enough to make the journey in person. If he thought enough about you he would have found some way to explain and put your fears to rest before you showed up on his doorstep.

Thank you for your response. I posted our story. Do you mind to check it out and get back at me? Thanks.

OrphanPip Wrote:I'd have to agree that there isn't really enough information to get where your bf is coming from. Yet, I still feel his treatment of you is a bit out of line and rude.

I posted more information to look at. Thanks.

princealbertofb Wrote:Ok that clears the picture a bit... He's really dl, and if you're going to date such a guy you'll either have to respect that need for privacy or have to change for a boyfriend who can be bothered to love you back as you need and deserve...

Thanks for the response. I fully understand his privacy now, but I deserve some time and effort. But at the same time, I still want to make up if there's still a way. You think there's something I could do? As far as I know, he never said anything if we're over or not. I'm still holding on to that. But if it's best that we end this, then I have no choice.

I would go with Jay's advice to cool it and let him be, and if he really loves you, he'll get back to you. You might want to play the same trick on him and not answer his text messages, see how he likes it when it goes that way... If he doesn't even bother, that'll put your mind at rest. Time to move on?

princealbertofb Wrote:I would go with Jay's advice to cool it and let him be, and if he really loves you, he'll get back to you. You might want to play the same trick on him and not answer his text messages, see how he likes it when it goes that way... If he doesn't even bother, that'll put your mind at rest. Time to move on?

I'm planning to do that. But how long should I wait to start moving on if he doesn't bother anymore? Like after three days? You know what I mean?

Well I'd say as long as you can afford, and as long as it takes for you to forget about him... and heal from the hurt. Three days is quite short. I think you'd need to give him more than that... couple of weeks, maybe? After that, he's not worth it, is he? Actually you are doing this more for yourself than for him, in the first place, so see what sort of time YOU need for the healing (if you need to heal) but you will need closure... ie either he or you will have to call it quits.

princealbertofb Wrote:Well I'd say as long as you can afford, and as long as it takes for you to forget about him... and heal from the hurt. Three days is quite short. I think you'd need to give him more than that... couple of weeks, maybe? After that, he's not worth it, is he? Actually you are doing this more for yourself than for him, in the first place, so see what sort of time YOU need for the healing (if you need to heal) but you will need closure... ie either he or you will have to call it quits.

Okay. I forgot to add that before writing that long post I posted, I sent him this message:
"I've been thinking about what just happened. I was frustrated. Can we give it a last try?"

I just got this reply after 24 hours: "We will talk later."

I guess, I need to just wait until he's okay to talk about it. I know he's busy these days. I'll let him cool off. But geesh, hope we'll be fine.

I think that it's ridiculous that he started a fight over that, in my opinion if he didn't want you to come he should have answered your calls and told you why or something but that just doesn't make sense

Wow, that sounds really tough. I could see how something similar might happen to me. :redface: But, as an outsider, I think if you are strong enough to take a break from him, I'd definitely do it. You sound like me, in the way that once every two weeks is just not enough, and you want to be treated with respect and affection. Unfortunately you've fallen for this guy so you're making excuses for his behavior. From what you've written, you do not seem to be at fault for most of this stuff.

If it really is only once every two weeks, then have you guys only hung out about 4 or 5 times? If you haven't become too attached, I would say it's best to take a break from him and see how he reacts. There ARE guys out there who will want to hang out with you more and initiate it too. And send you sweet messages. That comment he told you on thanksgiving was pretty brutal and rude.