Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cat.
Vizor, try to focus on the twenty years of giving and receiving love from your feline friend.
And grieving is to be expected.

Hello Vizor!

I'm so sorry that you lost your pet, but please don't assume that your father had the cat put down just to do it.

You say the cat was 21. The average amount of years that a cat kept as a pet will live is about 15 years, however, some will live to 21 or 22.

I had a cat who made it to 21, we got him as a kitten. We woke one morning to hear him growling, and one eye was clouded over. We took him to a vet who told us that his cornea had split, and he was in a good amount of pain. The condition was operable, but at his age, he most likely would not survive the surgery. The family decided to have Midnight put down rather than have him suffer.

Your cat was 21, to be honest, no matter how well you and your family treated him, his time left here was short. Please trust the fact that your father saw the cat was suffering, and rather than have him be in pain, he chose the difficult decision to end the suffering and say 'good-bye'.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

to TwisttheLeaf
thanks

to Darius
I understand, such cat won't be any more.

to CellarDweller
thanks for support.
cats special beings, it was almost like the person, I loved it. it is very strange not to see it more.
now it in my heart.

Vizor Wrote:to CellarDweller
thanks for support.
cats special beings, it was almost like the person, I loved it. it is very strange not to see it more.
now it in my heart.

Yes they are......My family raised me and my brothers to believe that there should be extra life in the home, besides the humans. We were raised with pets, we had gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs and cats over the years (not all at the same time!).

I remember them all, and each pet was loved by my family, and missed and mourned when they left.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

to CellarDweller
I understand,all pets are loved, I had only a cat.
It was the gift on my birthday when I was 2 years old. It is difficult not to perceive it as person.

^ WE have always thought of our cats as full members of our family.

Growing up, our cat Sam had a stool at the table between by father and me and ate with us at every dinnertime meal.

When he died....even my father was almost inconsolable.

Our grief at the death of our cats has been as great as for any human family member....although as I get older, I feel the agony of the loss less and less and focus on dwelling on all the love and good times we shared,