Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My cellphone is expanding
I have this broken iPhone 3gs that had a cracked LCD screen, and it's bee leaking for a while (although I think the broken part at first was just the backlight LEDs) but I looked today and the display has like warped and expanded and it's coming off, and I'm afraid it's goign to like explode or something.

._.

I put it in a ziplock bag for now.

Does anyone know what to do. Is it poisonous.

I've never heard of that happening before.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Thats a new one, I think there might be an issue with the battery more so than the screen. I don't know if a plastic bag is going to help much either.

Burn it… kill it… its dangerous.

Place it on an ancient sealing scroll and send some chakra into it to seal it away.
Works in Naruto :I

I'd contact apple maybe? :8

something leaking?......from a phone?

what kind of witchcraft do you practice in the islands

the only thing that could possibly leak from a phone is the battery I would pressume..

don't touch the liquid and by all means consult an expert...this is really something unheard of for me

Its already a broken iPhone right?

Put it into a second ziplock and drop it into the nearest battery recycling point. It will be the battery thats doing the expansion. The LED screen has a chemical membrane that can ooze out if the screen gets cracked.

Apple won't be interested, and if its a 3GS as old as the hills they won't be interested in touching it, unless you had it on the charger at the time....

Its only poisonous if you eat it, which I wouldn't recommend!

Next time, buy an Android ;-)

ObW
X

[Image: funny-lol-rice-dry-electronics-attract-a...ctures.jpg]

Yeah it's not the glass that's cracked, it's the screen underneath the glass, there were black lines that gradually turned half the screen black. I havent been using it for months, i kept it in a drawer. I have an android now, but I was just worried that it was gonna kill me by exploding my drawer coz i think iphone have done that before i heard somewere uyes

._.

I think I'll take it to the mall. There's a cellphone recycling station there.

Lilitu Wrote:I have this broken iPhone 3gs that had a cracked LCD screen, and it's bee leaking for a while (although I think the broken part at first was just the backlight LEDs) but I looked today and the display has like warped and expanded and it's coming off, and I'm afraid it's goign to like explode or something.

._.

I put it in a ziplock bag for now.

Does anyone know what to do. Is it poisonous.

There is an outer screen and the crystal screen. Sounds like you broke the crystal screen.
I dont think its poisonous, but I would wash my hands after handling it.
Your phone is "gone", time to get another one.

DO NOT GET AN iPHONE!!!! They are cheap pieces of crap made to sell at exorbitant prices!!

They PURPOSELY make them where they are EASY to break, get damaged from getting wet, and getting cracked.

I had a friend got an iphone 5s for Cmas. She dropped it, not hard, and not from a high place...but it shattered the screen. Cheap piece of shit.

Apple products are nothing more than garbage made to sell. They overhype the crap and make people believe that anything that says "Apple" on it is worth having. It is not.

HTC and Samsung are MUCH better phones right now, as far as taking punishment and lasting longer than crappy iphones.

But no matter what phone you get, you should ALWAYS get some "gorilla glass" screen protector to go over the screen.....................just in case.