Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My favorite books.
Did anyone read the Animorphs series when they were younger? Ah... I was tidying the spare room and found my collection... brings back memories. Ah and goosebumps too haha!

As a bit of a science boff, I have a really really good book called Napoleon's Buttons: How 17 molecules changed history - it's really good for anyone who's into 1) history & 2) science and chemical reactions Confusedmile:

Smurlos Wrote:Did anyone read the Animorphs series when they were younger? Ah... I was tidying the spare room and found my collection... brings back memories. Ah and goosebumps too haha!

As a bit of a science boff, I have a really really good book called Napoleon's Buttons: How 17 molecules changed history - it's really good for anyone who's into 1) history & 2) science and chemical reactions Confusedmile:

I'm afraid not, I'm sorry, so I really don't know what kind of literature you're talking about. Was it popular in Britain?

princealbertofb Wrote:I'm afraid not, I'm sorry, so I really don't know what kind of literature you're talking about. Was it popular in Britain?
It's weird to see these titles referred to in the past tense. To an oldie like me this is all modern :eek:

marshlander Wrote:It's weird to see these titles referred to in the past tense. To an oldie like me this is all modern :eek:

I was just about to ask if you'd heard of these books, darling? Have you?

marshlander Wrote:It's weird to see these titles referred to in the past tense. To an oldie like me this is all modern :eek:

soooooo funny and true!

fjp999 Wrote:soooooo funny and true!

So you know these books, Frank???:confused:

princealbertofb Wrote:So you know these books, Frank???:confused:

I believe some of them were made into a tv series. Maybe Canadian productions??? Flipping thru the cable channels coming upon nice looking teenagers is always a bonus when you are really bored and dealing with chemo.

My earliest memory of library books (after See Dick Run) would be Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, Pippi Longstocking, Ramona the Pest, Charlotte's Web, Homer Price, The Borrowers, Harriet the Spy, Encyclopedia Brown, The Great Brain. Roald Dahl came a little later and opened up a whole nother world Scatter

Hmm. I never really had the urge to jump on the Harry Potter band wagon. My fave is 1984 by George Orwell...Complete totalitarian control over the mind and will - the sheer idea of that kind of life gave me nightmares.

I also like The Colour Purple, Picture of Dorean Grey and Ray Bradbury's The Illustrated Man. Oh, and if you like novels with shock value: The Cement Garden. Tongue

A Picture Of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
On Liberty - John Stuart Mill
1984 - Orwell
Daniel Daronda - Georg Elliot
Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
The Time Traveller's Wife
Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell
The Lovely Bones
The Hobbit - JRR Tolkein