Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My photography
Awesome. If you wanna chat over MSN or something let me know

My favorite was the one with the Piano. <3 Beautiful.

LadyMontage Wrote:My favorite was the one with the Piano. <3 Beautiful.

Thank you! The one with Tori Amos I assume? I love her, and got to meet her that day in a surprise meet-&-greet before the show. We weren't allowed SLR cameras, so I had to be sneaky! Wink

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]I really like her music. She is phenomenal! Big Grin

It's awesome that you got to meet her and take your own artistic photo of her! [/COLOR]

David, I really admire that you present so many of your shots in black and white or sepia.

I worked in publishing for many years and most photographers never had a great handle on getting a good balance in non-color shots. They were typically washed out or burned out. You have mastered the greys, my friend.

Your shot, "The Lust Buoys" is beautiful in it's balance. You would have made my job so easy back in the day!

Although "The Mockery" is technically a color shot, I love that it's so washed out it teases you at first into thinking it's not. Once you really look it at, the colors really stand out. The harsh lighting on the branches is simply brilliant.

My favorite shot though is the birds in the tree. It instantly makes me think of a winter in a small coastal town. It does a lot with very little.

I know you don't know me from a bug on the sidewalk, but I don't hand out compliments on photos too often--I've just seen too many "great" shots that took me hours to fix for press and as such I only say it when I mean it.

I hope you continue to post your work.

Tim

PS - I wanted to ask about your icon on this site. What was your inspiration for it? It reminds me of something, perhaps from a movie, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

Tim Wrote:David, I really admire that you present so many of your shots in black and white or sepia.

I worked in publishing for many years and most photographers never had a great handle on getting a good balance in non-color shots. They were typically washed out or burned out. You have mastered the greys, my friend.

Your shot, "The Lust Buoys" is beautiful in it's balance. You would have made my job so easy back in the day!

Although "The Mockery" is technically a color shot, I love that it's so washed out it teases you at first into thinking it's not. Once you really look it at, the colors really stand out. The harsh lighting on the branches is simply brilliant.

My favorite shot though is the birds in the tree. It instantly makes me think of a winter in a small coastal town. It does a lot with very little.

I know you don't know me from a bug on the sidewalk, but I don't hand out compliments on photos too often--I've just seen too many "great" shots that took me hours to fix for press and as such I only say it when I mean it.

I hope you continue to post your work.

Tim

PS - I wanted to ask about your icon on this site. What was your inspiration for it? It reminds me of something, perhaps from a movie, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

Thank you so, so much Tim! And I agree - so many black-and-whites are just thrown away. I always make sure to accentuate the contrast to make the black and white paradoxically more vibrant. Smile

My icon is a photograph of me taken by my friend Daniel, who is the man featured in The Lust Buoys! His great photographic work can be found here Flickr: Page twenty's Photostream We were doing a shoot together, and we found this shrine-like offering of sorts of flowers, blood and glass. I picked the flowers up, and he took the shot. Smile

DtotheJtotheM Wrote:We were doing a shoot together, and we found this shrine-like offering of sorts of flowers, blood and glass. I picked the flowers up, and he took the shot. Smile

That's cool, I would have assumed much more prep work had gone into that shot.

What's even more cool is if I had found a shrine-like offering of flowers, blood and grass, I probably would have ran away. Grlaugh

Seriously, awesome work, keep that shutter busy.

New photos up! The latest are of my beautiful, beautiful friend Cale.

Flickr: -King David Photography-'s Photostream

Simply the best. Scatter

wow... phenomenal. I wouldn't mind hanging a few of those pieces of art on a wall back home... Wink