Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ramblings on life and religion
I think God exists but I do think God has been personalised by people in their image. I do not believe all this about theTen Commandments, the Bible etc as I feel these are man’s ideas of what God is and how his fellow man should live. Ideas that were prevelant when man thought the earth was flat and everything revolved around it and it was herasy to suggest otherwise. I do not think another man should dictate how others should live if that person is not harming anyone else. I think God exists but is a force such as Gravity. I thing Darwin’s theory of evolution explains everything but me. I can see the logic to the science of natural selection but it does not explain me. It does not fully explain my awareness, my life and my soul. I understand the awareness of a human is down to his physiology, the size of his brain and what have you but evolution does not explain whatever it is that is in my body that makes me alive and makes me me. There is some other force at work, maybe not the maker of everything in the universe but a contributor.
Welcome to the confused mixed up world of selkieboy.:eek: :eek:

Is this up for discussion? Rolleyes

I think religion is a load of crap which in my mind is a fact!
I believe their maybe something out their but I'm not willing to fuck up my time for experience for follow a book of what may or may not be out their... okay hell lets strike the fear of god into people by giving them a picture of having pinapples shuved up their arse for eternity... this is not appealing in my eyes which is why I dont believe in religion I dont believe that if I say fuck off to my neighbour I will go to hell.
I wouldn't do such a thing unless I have cause to but even so if I wanted to for the hell of it, why should I then be put in hell for doing so?

And lets remember the christian religion their is only one hell where as muslim you have multiple stages of hell.

Quite frankly I shall live my life how I choose trying not to live in fear of anything, if religion was true what happens to lions & tigers?
they murder other animals, ITS NATURE it was not made out to be a choice we all started in one form what makes it all of a sudden the fact we have a god, do animals have a god surely if their living they must if we do, so what are their consequences?

Biggrina buddhism all the way!

Why limit your self to a single God ? When if you read the Bible it proclaims in the very beginning that there are many gods . But only one supreme god.
The Gods of our ancestors are still valid Gods.

CardShark Wrote:I think religion is a load of crap which in my mind is a fact!
I believe their maybe something out their but I'm not willing to fuck up my time for experience for follow a book of what may or may not be out their... okay hell lets strike the fear of god into people by giving them a picture of having pinapples shuved up their arse for eternity... this is not appealing in my eyes which is why I dont believe in religion I dont believe that if I say fuck off to my neighbour I will go to hell.
I wouldn't do such a thing unless I have cause to but even so if I wanted to for the hell of it, why should I then be put in hell for doing so?

Do you REALLY want me to answer that one?? :tongue::tongue:

I suppose next you'll be saying the Bible is full of contradicitions...

*grumbles about why i even bother...*

marshlander Wrote:Is this up for discussion? Rolleyes

Rofl Rofl Rofl

[COLOR="Purple"]Not sure where to post this... but I kinda find arguments by followers of a "specific" religion and other arguments (such as how motorist are one of the main root causes of the destruction of our environment - but we can still care by turning off our lights for an hour, and there are soooo many other arguments similar) very unsatisfying :redface:

Such "believers" have not fully processed the concept as they have been taught how to think and usually end up arguing how ya just have to believe... just take that one step... NOW, dont get me wrong. This type is usually a fine person because they usually do not push their religion... ya just cant get a good argument out of them... again, just so UNSATISFYING. :redface:

This is how I honestly think about Christianity and the bible story. It is a great story, especially the new testament. I love the story of Jesus Christ and wish more "Christians" followed his lead.

*and if you disagree with me then come on - BRING IT ON Bump

[/COLOR]

fjp999 Wrote:...*and if you disagree with me then come on - BRING IT ON Bump
Dance

I had an experience yesterday I've been looking forward to for years. I was stopped in the street by a pair of Mormon missionaries. They were polite, friendly and would have been very attractive had I not known what they were about. They asked me the usual questions (had I heard of their church? Did I believe in god? Did I want to know more? etc). They told me that god loves me and has a plan for all of us. They told me that I could live forever with my loved ones and family. Then they said they didn't really have time to talk at length there and then (they had a dinner to get to), but could they call round and see me? At that point I said that if the message was this exciting I'd love my boyfriend to hear it too. To their credit they didn't bat an eyelid between them and told me that would be fine. They were currently teaching another "homosexual couple" too although the plan to live forever with families was primarily aimed at men and women because that's how children are born ...

Then one, the American, said, "Excuse me, but did you just stand here talking to us for fifteen minutes so you could raise that?" The Canadian was pleased to point out that he had taken a musical theatre course at college and knew lots of homosexual men. Many of them were fine people ... I was wondering how long they would keep lying to the gay couple they were teaching and how they would approach telling them they had to give each other up if they wanted to enjoy the blessings of the true gospel of Christ.

The discussion which briefly touched on lots of topics was not what I had been anticipating at all. Trying to make, or getting them to make, a point was like wading through jelly. I do not think very quickly on my feet, which is why I prefer the written word as a means of exploring ideas. Of course, afterwards I could think of all sorts of points of doctrine I could and maybe should have raised, but which totally eluded me at the time. All in all the experience I had been looking forward to for years was a huge disappointment and I felt quite dirty; not because I am a gay man in a strong, secure and loving relationship, but for some deeper and darker reason I cannot articulate.

Mormons are fond of aphorisms. They quote the Jesuit motto, "Give me the child until he is seven and I will show you the man" which they paraphrase as something like, "teach your children correct principles when they are young and when they are old they will not depart from them". Damn these sects and their brainwashing tactics to hell. They are still in my head, even when I think I've cleaned them out :mad: I shan't be looking for a further discussion with them.

I've always wanted to meet a Mormon. Just out of curiosity. I've met lots of Christians but Mormons believe in a further revelation that 'real Christians' do not. Sahmm
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.