Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NICER DICER PLUS controversy
Has anyone tried the infamous Nicer Dicer Plus?

It looks amazing on tv but user reviews are terrible.

Most users complain that the plastic case is too fragile and breaks easily.

Has anyone tried it?

Is there a better (i.e. more resistent )alternative in the market?

The best alternative is a good chef's knife and learning how to use it appropriately. There really is no substitute. I've spent mega bucks all told on all sorts of products and gadgets. When I finally took a food prep course and learned what a good chef's knife is and how to effectively use it I sold everything else and never looked back! Now I shop for cutting boards instead! Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:The best alternative is a good chef's knife and learning how to use it appropriately. There really is no substitute. [...]

Thanks for you reply Sweetie but I'm not sure I agree.

Chopping vegetables is probably the most tedious and time consuming task in the kitchen and there are several gadgets that can help. I've already mentioned the wonderful Tupperware Chop 'N Prep Chef on this forum:

This can save you hours in the kitchen but the Nicer Dicer seems even better.

It looks like a very ingenious design (hey it's German!) but is the final product any good?

Reminds me of this.............

A LOT of these gimmicky gadgets made to sell, would actually be really good pieces of equipment, IF they were made out of sturdy metal.

Most of this crap is fine, if you chop nothing but boiled eggs. Anything firmer or more fragile, such as onions and tomatoes never get chopped or cut they way you want or the way the company describes them.

If I find this crap in the dollar store, I will pay a dollar to see if it works, but Im not paying $20.00 or more for 25 cents worth of plastic, and 5 cents worth of dull metal that couldnt cut melted butter.

There is a REASON these things are made and sold....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThAt7Q2sduRzPcz4qcj_b...729aM9GU6w]
Because they DO work!!!

MisterTinkles Wrote:[...]
Most of this crap is fine, if you chop nothing but boiled eggs. [...]

Absolutely.

It seems the Nicer Dicer doesn't even chop carrots or potatoes. Sad

I wouldn't buy a product like this unless there were hundreds, preferably thousands, of positive reviews online, and videos showing it worked...

A lot of these are thinly veiled scams.

The only TV thing I've bought and loved is my pet snuggie. Smile.

If I were preparing large meals I might would use the gadgets, but for me personally, using the knife and doing the work manually is such a great turn on and passion in my home. It results in WoNdErFuL dividends in more ways than one and it's simply a source of satisfaction applying the skill and having wonderful results both during and after the meal!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

A knife.

If people would learn how to do things (it's not that hard) instead of buying giant eyesores of gadgets that only do one task, maybe we'd be a better society. Jussayin

Lilitu Wrote:A knife.

If people would learn how to do things (it's not that hard) instead of buying giant eyesores of gadgets that only do one task, maybe we'd be a better society. Jussayin

Yeah, we do things just with knives around here..

I never understood why it was so damn necessary to have all these gadgets when a knife does everything!

southbiochem Wrote:I never understood why it was so damn necessary to have all these gadgets when a knife does everything!

Cause of stupid and lazy people.