Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NICER DICER PLUS controversy
A good treatment for a red wine spill is a good splash of white wine and a blotter.

Being of the old fashioned [actually manhattan, but never mind] sort, it amazes me that the hundreds of housekeeping methods that a housewife between 1850 and 1950 was expected to know are so easily cast aside for something in a spray bottle or aerosol can.

/rant
I bid NO Trump!

nullnaught Wrote:What is hilarious is when commercials show people flipping pancakes badly or cracking eggs very badly in order to sell something that makes that difficult task a little easier.

I always figure that folks who are big enough to wear adult sized clothing who cannot crack an egg or flip a pancake should be taken out back of the barn and put out of their misery. There is no helping them.
I bid NO Trump!

I taught my female friend how to get pasta sauce out of her carpet. She thought it was a miracle! Wink

MisterLove Wrote:Has anyone tried the infamous Nicer Dicer Plus?

It looks amazing on tv but user reviews are terrible.

Most users complain that the plastic case is too fragile and breaks easily.

Has anyone tried it?

Is there a better (i.e. more resistent )alternative in the market?

Yip... It breaks Thought it was the usual crap that SA Makes / get's... Mine was white,

swalter Wrote:I like the ads for the latest miracle stain remover, where some klutz invariably spills a large tumbler of red wine on plush, white carpet, followed by a mob of filthy children and pets who come parading through.

OMG! The phrase "filthy children" just made me laugh so hard.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

All the things I ever purchfrom infomercials went right back within forty-eight hours. After three or four attempts you learn that items sold on tv are pretty much garbage.

hate to buck the trend but my mom is 62 I think lol ...she loves nicer dicer and its works and it hasn't broke , or hers hasn't anyway ..she makes salads a lot quicker because using a knife was hard on her hands and grip , this thing is so much easier , she really does love it

Ceramic knives....they're a godsend. That and a peeler, and I'm good for veg. Regular stainless for bone-in meats.

I have every gadget known to man, and I rarely use any of my blenders/choppers/mixers/processors (except my nutribullet for smoothies).

I think it depends on who they are aimed at ,,,if you have arthritis etc , problems with gripping knives then these items are very useful - im sure they are not aimed at wanabbe cheffs etc anyway , but they do have a market, and I know my moms had hers for over a year and used every week

Talk about hilarious - my BF bought some contraption that was supposed to remove the shells from hard boiled eggs. IDK, you pushed something and the eggs got sucked through this thing and the shells were supposed to peel off while the eggs fell into a little container. Only no matter what he did, the eggs wouldn't go through and he got so annoyed that he pushed it so hard that the thing broke and we had egg salad, complete with crushed shells...