Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail polish on boys
Thoughts?
I like to wear nail polish just cus my mum tells me it's wrong C:

What 's wrong for one person may be right for the next and if you like wearing it then wear it by all means.
Although in saying that I'd never be caught dead wearing nail polish as to me it just seems way to fem for me to even consider it.

I don't like the look myself, but I especially can't stand the SMELL when it goes on. I have friends who wear it occasionally, and I'm ok with that. As long as they don't put it on around me!

And now I show my age.

I don't like nail polish on men.

I also don't like makeup on men.

I also don't like non male jewelry on men. By that I mean earings, piercings, necklaces, etc.

In my admittedly limited mind, men are masculine, women are feminine.

Does that mean some feminine men don't attract me, uhh no, my dick does what it does.

But my brain likes masculine men.

Richard

Most things considered to be feminine used on boys is a turn-off for me, but if someone wants to wear nail-polish they should go for it!

I wear nail polish pretty much always -- usually black, though occasionally I'll get crazy and do a different color (providing it's dark.. though once for st patrick's day I did green). For me I don't see it as a feminine thing at all, and has nothing to do with me being gay... it just fits my style.

it doesn't really bother me but i've also never been with a guy that wears it. i don't know how connected it is to femininity. i tend like more feminine guys but none i've dated have been into it. i have a friend who does and it's more about his style and open personality than anything.

I don't like it at all, usually it's done wrong and looks dirty. I also usually dislike piercings, but the odd one done right is attractive...ear rings are sometimes a turn off...studs are iffy.

I just don't like it. A gay person I know, but am not really friends with, wears nail polish from time to time and I really wish he just didn't. He wears it to make a statement, but he doesn't need it, he could look better in other ways.

Just my opinion. There are probably people out there that think it makes you better looking, and really, you should do what you want to do.

Goth guys do it all the time, and sometimes go much further in their gender bending. And for some reason it doesn't seem to turn off the women (and a few guys) into guys. But offhand I can't think of any other subculture where you can get away with that.

I actually tried the look once. I looked horrible in my opinion. Works for some guys, makes me jealous.