Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naked and Afraid
I am on my second episode....they are in the Louisiana Swamp...and I am kinda queasy watching them starving and freezing to death...naked...no food or water... poisonous snakes...alligators...leeches....

I can't stop watching...anyone else see this?

Where can I find it? ...sounds like something that would encourage me to count my blessings lol...

It is on Discovery

Am I a perv cause I'm mad they blot out the good parts?

Borg69 Wrote:Am I a perv cause I'm mad they blot out the good parts?

LOL....you get to see their butt the whole time and since I like butts I am happy but the funny thing is...as soon as the scary stuff happens I forget all about it.....

I saw a preview of this one episode where they made a raft and are racing to get away from sharks! YIKES

This guy was sexy IMO....I liked him (and his backside) a lot...

.....in 21 days he lost 40 pounds though!!!!!

I'm mostly fascinated watching that show thinking that Earth-Time speaking, it wasn't TOO long ago that all humans existed that way. No clothes, no shoes, no food, no shelters... And look what fat and lazy well fed spoiled slobs we've evolved into!!! I complain if I have to walk too far across a parking lot! LOL

Gosh I really hate censored things. It's not about something sexual, but I'm like "WHY?"
It's human body, the most common thing ever. If you do a show titled "naked or something" why you need to censore genitals or private parts? I always find this thing very annoying, and I wouldn't be scared watching a "dangerous situation" cause that blur (or balck rectangle in other cases etc) makes the thing ridiculous at my eyes.

sillyboy86 Wrote:Gosh I really hate censored things. It's not about something sexual, but I'm like "WHY?"
It's human body, the most common thing ever. If you do a show titled "naked or something" why you need to censore genitals or private parts? I always find this thing very annoying, and I wouldn't be scared watching a "dangerous situation" cause that blur (or balck rectangle in other cases etc) makes the thing ridiculous at my eyes.

I agree with you...it is ridiculous. You might be able to see the uncensored version though if you are in Europe. America is a lot more puritanical than Europe when it comes to nudity.

Its one of the few shows I do watch on TV. I have watched maybe half of the episodes - perhaps more.

They film nearly constantly for the 21 days, and then the editors go through and pick and choose key things.

Finding water, Making Fire, Finding food, Making Shelter. And of course any minor blow up to make it look like these two people are having problems and they resolve it magically by day 21.

Due to the editing and the formula being applied I think the show is ruined.

Most of the time they are most likely either sitting and conserving energy, or they are slowing working on something.

There was one where a lady who grew up in Hawaii made hats and baskets and other interesting things from palm fronds. Weaving is a time consuming process.

In another there was a lady who made a lobster basket - basically its a smaller bottomless basket inside a larger basket - open weaved. Another time consuming process that most likely took two days (at the very least) to gather the right sized twigs and branches and to weave it into a sturdy (yet light enough) basket.

The show misses out on stuff like this - which to me is far, far more important than watching every couple make a bow-drill which each episode where the couple didn't pick a fire starter as their one tool, the show spends 10-15 minutes (1/4 of the show) focused on making fire.

I get that making a bow drill from scratch and trying to find material to start fire with is time consuming and a lot harder than it looks, but with so many episodes with a lot of other interesting things that these people do to solve other problems, it would be nice if the show focused more on the art of lobster basket making, or hat making from palm fronds. Clothing and covering is as important as having a fire.