Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need your help
Lately I have no energy. I need your advice to start eating a healthier diets. Are there any foods that will help me with my energy?

I think there are many tips, like eat less sugar, specially late in the evening and increase fruits and vegetables. You can eat red meat without many condiments, sea fish is so good etc, this is how it works for my body.
You must eat less pasta, rice etc.
And trying to have an active life, do some sport or something.

It's not only about 'the energy', a good diet is about everything of your lifestyle, eating less fat and sugar, increasing proteins and vitamins is better for the energy, for sleeping, the mind etc etc.

But the best way is asking to a practitioner.

Oh actually I just had an other thought, following from what i was telling you earlier:

I think what gives me, and alot of other people energy from thier diet is fresh food.

I've been eating alot of veges lately but mostly what's been making me feel good is how fresh they were, and what I mean by that is taste basically.

Fresh fish and fresh veges just taste good, and digest well and keep energy levels constant, at least for me.

And I think it actually does have a lot to do with taste. Fresh tasting stuff is bound to make you feel better than stale tasting things.

you have a pump that's shoving insulin into your body, whipping out all glucose from your blood..

so you need to keep regular habits to maintain normal levels..

I know for a fact you don't keep regular schedules for eating. You need to change that ASAP.

Nothing is more detrimental for anyone with glucose levels regulation problems as not eating in tight schedules

your glucose goes ballistic, it goes up and then drops dramatically..

Listen to me good : START EATING IN TIGHT SCHEDULES, EAT AT THE SAME TIMES ALL DAYS

Now to the diet: You need most obviously to lessen the amount of carbs, not only cause of your diabetes but, because carbs are a source of quick energy that fades away quickly, which leads you to eat more stuff..

don't cut them off completely, but try to eat the "good" carbs: fruits, whole grain bread, the such

you need to have your 3 meals. breakfats you can have fruits, whole grain bread, cereal & milk

lunch and dinner need to be focused more on the protein than on the carb side and some veggies..

since you like chicken so much, I suggest chicken as the other lean protein is not so much available to you...it's sad, you could use fish...

I would avoid red meats as proteins, or lower the amount of times you consume them

Now besides this meals you need to have snacks, mid morning and mid afternoon, inbewteen meals

this can be fruits or even better: nuts, almonds, peanuts, the likes..

those are a great energy boost for you and those dry fruits are a great source of "healthy" fats too, as you need some fat in your diet too.

Lastly. Sleeping patterns. You need to work on having regular sleeping cycles. This is also crucial when it comes to keep glucose levels stable.

if you can't sleep due to your problems, seek counseling in your new college