Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil's Lounge (Midlands U.K)
I am a tax inspector (Don't you all go and abandon me now !!!!)

I left Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) in September 1979 when I was 17 years old.

I have never been back.

It breaks my heart to see what Mugabe has done to my homeland.

I don't intend to spend the rest of my life in landlocked coventry. I want to be near the ocean somewhere.

Thanks for all your messages !!!

Neil

clontarf Wrote:...

I don't intend to spend the rest of my life in landlocked coventry. I want to be near the ocean somewhere.
Neil

Well, Neil, would you settle for something near the sea, instead? Wink

Ocean, Sea, Lake, River.................... I just crave to be near water !!!

clontarf Wrote:Ocean, Sea, Lake, River.................... I just crave to be near water !!!

And Coventry's just NOT the place, is it???

Try Holland? Wink

Yes I love Amsterdam.

But my heart will always be on Clontarf Beach on Sydney's middle harbour. Maybe I can get back on a pensioners visa !!!!!!!.....................LOL !!

If it comes to the UK then I love Dorset & the Norfolk Broads.

clontarf Wrote:... If it comes to the UK then I love Dorset & the Norfolk Broads.
Good choices, although the Broads in summer can be like the M25 with roadworks. Plenty of lesser known water in Norfolk too, including a lot of coast. I'm very lucky. The Wash is 5 miles from here. The coastal path is a good place for walking.

marshlander Wrote:Good choices, although the Broads in summer can be like the M25 with roadworks. Plenty of lesser known water in Norfolk too, including a lot of coast. I'm very lucky. The Wash is 5 miles from here. The coastal path is a good place for walking.

You are so lucky.
I spent some happy holidays on the broads with my grandparents when I was little & was over here on holiday from Rhodesia.

I might be going to Victoria Falls this weekend.