Oh hi! I'm new but hey! I hope everyone is cool :3

Hi welcome to GS. Smile
An eye for an eye

Hello Welcome to GS! Smile

Why is there a poll?

Welcome to GS! Wavey

HungYoungPistol ( i salute your name )

welcome to gs Smile

cant pick between those two… if katy perry was an option however then i would vote perry!

Hey there welcome.

OMG that is like asking who is Better Kirk or picard.

Maddona is from my generation, Just like Kirk is from his generation. Lady GaGa is from the next generation just like Picard...

Two different worlds, you can't possibly compare them and come up with any solution to that poll... They are both great artists, they both are cutting edge in their way.

The only reason why I have more Madonna songs on my computer is simply because she has had more time to make more than GaGa...

BTW, everything you hear in the way of rumor of GaGa was said of Maddona back in the day - tranny, satanist, a symbol of the Degrading of Morality in the USA... Whore/Slut you name the insult, bash, or comment....

So apparently even the critics can't agree who is the better one as leading us all to hell and damnation....

I bet HungYoungPistol is a little monster :p

I have CDs from both artists, and while I like them both, my vote goes to Madonna.

Love "The Fame" and "Fame Monster". "Born This Way" was ok, some decent songs, some noise.

I got "Art Pop" the day it was released, the only songs I liked on it were "Applause" and "Do What You Want".
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Hello. Welcome to the forum.

You ask an interesting question, but I don't think I can answer this one fully until Lady Gaga has been around for a little longer. She only released her debut in August of 2008. Madonna has been around for over 30 years. The fact that people are comparing Lady Gaga to Madonna already in terms of her impact and icon status is considerable and indicative of her career thus far, but she has a long way to go before she reaches Madonna's heights (and keep in mind, Madonna's still going). There have been so many pop stars in the past two decades who have not only been inspired by Madonna, but have had the opportunities to express themselves musically in ways that they would not have had if Madonna didn't open up the gates for them in the first place. Lady Gaga just hasn't had that amount of influence.
That is not to say that Lady Gaga will never be Madonna-like (though I would think she would want to be her own artist). But what creates the essence of Madonna goes way beyond what she accomplished in her first 5 years.
So far, I prefer Madonna's catalogue, but that has more to do with personal taste and the larger selection Madonna has than with Lady Gaga's talent or lack thereof.
So, um, if you can't tell, I am really bad at giving one-word answers. Smile