Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New & Clueless
Hello everybody! Cool

You can call me Ty, Tyc, or Tyke.

I'm here because I am nineteen, gay, and haven't been on a single date or had a single kiss! I'm not looking for an internet hookup, but I am hoping for advice.

Video games are my big hobby. I love playing them, I love critiquing them, and I've started learning how to make them. I hope to someday be a sort of video game "director", like Todd Howard from Bethesda.

Anyways, I'm not the most social of people... I don't know how to strike up a conversation, and when I started college I did not make many friends. I have a few good friends, but some of them are frequently busy -- and then I have many acquaintances who are actually pretty rude and piss me off a lot -- but I keep them around so I don't feel too lonely.

I'm also completely "straight edge", and drugs and alcohol actually make me feel awkward.

I have no idea how to get out into the gay community. My college has an organization called Queer Geeks, and I went a couple times, but it's pretty lame. I don't know how everybody else is meeting each other, I feel like I ended up in the only dorms not full of gay people.

I guess that's enough about me! Nice to meet you all. :redface:

Hello Ty welcome to GS .Confusedmile:

Hi, Tyke!
Welcome

There are a lot of gamers here. I hope you feel comfortable quickly.

This is the kind of place where you can make some sincere friends and practice those conversation skills. :tongue:

Have fun! Confusedmile:

G Day Ty and welcome. It's so refreshing to hear someone say drugs and alcohol make them feel awkward, it's a good thing.

As for social skills, it isn't really something that you can advise on other than find something that takes your fancy and get out there and have fun, that's the only way to hone your social skills.

I hope you will enjoy it here.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Hello Ty welcome to GS .Confusedmile:
Thanks mum. :tongue:

azulai Wrote:Hi, Tyke!
Welcome

There are a lot of gamers here. I hope you feel comfortable quickly.

This is the kind of place where you can make some sincere friends and practice those conversation skills. :tongue:

Have fun! Confusedmile:
Thanks! Glad to hear it! :biggrin:

I've always been more talkative on the web as it is. I'm sure I'll make some good friends here.

dfiant Wrote:G Day Ty and welcome. It's so refreshing to hear someone say drugs and alcohol make them feel awkward, it's a good thing.

As for social skills, it isn't really something that you can advise on other than find something that takes your fancy and get out there and have fun, that's the only way to hone your social skills.

I hope you will enjoy it here.
It might be good to stay away from drugs and alcohol, but I still need friends. I hope it's not going to stop me from meeting people, especially datable people.

I guess you're right, I just don't even know where to begin. Do I have to seek out other gays, or do I just pursue my interests and meet them? I dunno.

Tyke Wrote:It might be good to stay away from drugs and alcohol, but I still need friends. I hope it's not going to stop me from meeting people, especially datable people.

I guess you're right, I just don't even know where to begin. Do I have to seek out other gays, or do I just pursue my interests and meet them? I dunno.

Even though you never know what you are going to end up with, have you tried to register with any dating websites like OK Cupid which seems to be a popular site here.

WelcomeWelcome

Hi Tyke! Welcome to GS forum! Believe me, bunches of funny and friendly guys are up here! Enjoy! Smile

did someone say video games? Shockwhore