Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here!
Hi there, my name is Trevor. Wavey

I'm a 19 year old here in Canada.

I was looking for a good forum to join and this one seemed perfect!
Since I came out I still sort of feel in the closet because I find myself a bit intimidated by the local gay community. The city I live in isn't very large haha.

I figured this is a good way to start.

I don't really have a dramatic back story haha. I grew up in Langley, BC until I was 11 then moved across the country. I came out last year (Spring 2011) and my parents were quite shocked but took it pretty well. All of my friends were accepting, which I'm thankful for. I haven't told the rest of my family but some of them already know through my mother (which is fine by me haha). I will not tell my Grandmother because I don't think I need to burden her with it at her age.

I just graduated college with a Diploma in Graphic Design. It was a fantastic 2 year course! I start as a Junior Graphic Designer in August at a small local agency. I'm pretty excited!

I'm really into music. I find it's a good healer when I'm feeling down. I've been songwriting for a few years now and I hope to share some of my stuff and get some feedback! :redface:

I'm also into commercial aviation (airliners/airlines) and a bit of car design. Nerdy I know. :tongue:

Anyway sorry if I'm boring all of you haha.

I am very easy to get along with/ very easy going.
I'm a bit shy, but don't hesitate to chat!

Cheers!

Welcome to Gayspeak Trevor.

Don't be intimidated by the gay community. The 'community' that you speak of isn't really a community, the gay community is a lifestyle, for lack of a better word. You have to act and be a certain way to not be rejected.

Justs plod along in life and you will find your niche, and it doesn't have to be part of any community Wink

You have some fine qualities and I am sure you won't be a lone for too long Wink

Welcome to GaySpeak, Trevor, so you're a Newfie now? Or are we talking about another Saint John's? I hope you find what you're looking for here. I understand that at 19, if you're a bit shy, the scene might be unnerving. It's not to everyone's taste. Glad to have you among us, in any case. You sound like a pleasant young man.

Welcome! Wavey

Hi welcome to the Forum. Confusedmile:

Hi Trevor, welcome to GS Smile

welcome to gs

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

dfiant Wrote:Welcome to Gayspeak Trevor.

Don't be intimidated by the gay community. The 'community' that you speak of isn't really a community, the gay community is a lifestyle, for lack of a better word. You have to act and be a certain way to not be rejected.

Justs plod along in life and you will find your niche, and it doesn't have to be part of any community Wink

You have some fine qualities and I am sure you won't be a lone for too long Wink

Thanks. Confusedmile: I think I'm gonna like it here!

princealbertofb Wrote:Welcome to GaySpeak, Trevor, so you're a Newfie now? Or are we talking about another Saint John's? I hope you find what you're looking for here. I understand that at 19, if you're a bit shy, the scene might be unnerving. It's not to everyone's taste. Glad to have you among us, in any case. You sound like a pleasant young man.

Thanks! Yes, St. John's NL is correct haha. :tongue:

Hi Trevor and welcome to the forum.

Hello and welcome Trevor.Welcome