Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here
Hey guys

I have been wandering the internet looking for a gay oriented site that would be helpful and direct while not being mean. Well, sometimes mean is necessary if it helps a point hit home.

My husband and I have been together for almost 4 years now. He and I are VERY different. He's been with fewer guys than I have and came out far earlier in life than I did. I'm a bit of a character and roll with the blows when it comes to people and their differences. My husband with me....not so much. LOL. He often refers to me as straight minded and thus alien to him.

So, couples therapy is rather limited when you consider how vast the world is. I am very good at my profession because it follows logic. When I try to apply that to help me with relationship problems....well...let's just say I'm smart enough to know when I'm out of my league and need to seek help/advice. Couples therapy has been helpful with communication though which is very important.

I'm not here to save my marriage or make sneaky relations. Just keep hitting bumps in the road and instead of pushing the blame on the husband...maybe I need to change how I think or react to something. That change led me here. I'll be positing in the advice sub forums soon.

Welcome to the sounding board. Hope you will keep working on the relationship.
I bid NO Trump!

Skelos Wrote:Hey guys

I have been wandering the internet looking for a gay oriented site that would be helpful and direct while not being mean.
Well, I think you may have found it. We're all different people, different ages, genders, relationship status and what have you ... but all in all I think we get along well ... and we do try to be helpful when we can. Welcome to GaySpeak ... looking forward to hearing more from you! Wavey

welcome to the forum
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Welcome Smile

bump to ditch the disruption troll...

Welcome!

This is a great site, very helpful and open.

It's very tame which is nice.....sometimes!

"...I'm not here to save my marriage or make sneaky relations. Just keep hitting bumps in the road and instead of pushing the blame on the husband...maybe I need to change how I think or react to something...".

I can definitely relate to that...a strong relationship is always a work in progress...

Fish2 Welcome to the forum! Fish2

Welcome to GS. Smile

welcome. After 34 years with the same guy, hopefully I'll have a few pointers for you.