Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New kid on the block.
Valentin Wrote:I mist start using unusual phrases like the ones most members use. Alas Hippocrates would not go down well, but I end their

How do you mean? :eek: :confused:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Valentin Wrote:Alas Hippocrates would not go down well, but I end their

I'm curious; after such a contrived use of 'alas' is the misuse of 'their' and the lack of a full stop emphatic or merely an oversight?? Perhaps the remainder of your sentence was unintentionally omitted...

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Nitpicking aside, to which unusual phrases do you refer??

Welcome to the forum. You seem like a very nice person, I hope to talk to have some interesting conversations with you.

sox-and-the-city Wrote:I'm curious; after such a contrived use of 'alas' is the misuse of 'their' and the lack of a full stop emphatic or merely an oversight?? Perhaps the remainder of your sentence was unintentionally omitted...

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Nitpicking aside, to which unusual phrases do you refer??

Your avatar is hilarious better than mine. I have now moved to my hometown - Aberdeen - and maybe we could have the odd on-line chat, but do please use language that is not written on a prescription. You must be a teacher - my former English master used the Queen's English.

All is not what it seems, but it seems all is what we seem to see, on the surface, medically speaking, as Hippocrates is reputed to have said in his sleep, or he may have been dead when he said it.Roflmao

Valentin Wrote:....and maybe we could have the odd on-line chat, but do please use language that is not written on a prescription. You must be a teacher - my former English master used the Queen's English.

Isn't the comparison of a prescription to do with the handwriting and not to do with the choice of language? So I have to say this comparison is pretty rubbish. :biggrin:

Oh and one more thing? Considering you are 18 you sure do talk a lot of bollocks.
[/COLOR]

As I am a medical student, I doubt that the selection panel would have considered my application if it was bollocks that I talked, according to your description. To explain, the writing of a prescription, which is seldom done by hand these days, almost always contains language foreign to most, except the poor pharmacist who has to decipher the bollocks the doctor has written on the prescription. If you have ever seen a hand-written script, you will see the language is invariably in abbreviated Latin form.

Kindly desist from making rude comments or, better still, refrain from responding to the posts I may make in the future. Your opinion and comments are of no interest to me.

Valentin.

I could not agree more. Twazzle. Curt is an exceptionally nice person, and so are the vast majority of the members who contribute to this site. Curt has a sense of humour, unlike some I know.

There is a time and a place for being serious; laugh at yourself, and others, but try to think before sacrificing humour and good nature to bitterness that achieves little. I welcome serious comment, good discussion..for that demands more than impulsive outbursts.

I really don't think you telling me to refrain from commenting will stop me. This site has seen many people like yourself.. Pretty jumped up thinking they are gods gift but they learn they are wrong. You are simply another one of those people.

Really since joining what have you accomplished other than making a prat out of yourself. :biggrin: Once again to the prescription thing, how can someone online be compared to that even considering the reason you have given. Can you not understand simple language? :confused:

And as your little rant about being a medical student really that means jack all. You are 18... well that's the age you have given.. making it either you are just starting to study medicine or year one - So don't think you have achieved anything as you really haven't. Many people on this site have also accomplished such things and got further than you - but do not act like a self righteous prat. Wink

As for the time and place of laughing? I am fast realising that you will be a comical member for the short amount of time you stay. Already reading back the rubbish you come out with entertains me greatly :biggrin:

Now would you like to put all your toys back in the pram and act like an adult, or shall we continue this game where you think you are a mature adult that everyone respects? But in reality a spoilt little child Wink

The choice is yours. Rolleyes
[/COLOR]

Someone made a comparison of Scotland as a " crazy Aunt living in the attic of Britain". I didn't like that comparison because I think every place has some valor. However since you have been posting I am left to wonder if I have met Britain's really crazy aunt.
If I were to give you any advice in the world, sought or unsought, it would be drop the "better than thou" attitude. You don't do it well and that is why people keep punching holes in your every post.
I bet underneath all that rubbish you are a lovely person.
You know something,,,There is always someone smarter than you out there so if you claim to be "all knowing" you are just asking to be knocked off your high horse.
Just be yourself Valetin. I really doubt you are the pompous weirdo you are presenting yourself as.
By the way, I have been spending a lot of time off this site with Twazzle. He is Aces !!!!! You could learn a thing or two from him.

Enjoyable nonsense. I see you are entertained by my 'spoilt little chld' attitude. Little do you know how much I have achieved. Do you honestly expect me to be entirely honest about my credentials? Far from being a first year medical student, I lecture at university, and my students treat me with rather more respect than you seem able to do. Perhaps you will agree that it would be more than insane to divulge true personal information to total strangers? The Webmaster holds, or is certainly entitled to receive, all my confidential, private background details - but contributors to this site, who are relative strangers to me, most certainly are not entitled to any such information.

I shall buy you a quiet rattle. This is the last of my replies to your sad responses to my contributions, and I will no longer look for any more of your offensive, critical jewels.

Enjoy your evening.