Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Christianity
Heyy every one
I've just become a Christian and really enjoying it so far but finding it hard not to sin
I know it's stupid but mainly having issues around sins of lust etc what includ masturbaiting, looking at men and using grindr.
I've tried keeping busy etc but still hard not to think about it

Cheers guys

What kind of Christianity do you follow?
Any specific denomination?
This would help in providing suitable advice.

Enjoy the sinning. Good luck with the christianity.

Left-handed guitarists rock!

If it makes you feel any better the heterosexual Christians putting down gays are often very sexual as well, IIRC even the violently antigay island in the Caribbean call loose (heterosexual) sex, even adults with minors, as "the Caribbean way." And from what I've seen in the Bible Belt I think some go to church because it makes the sex all the more fun for being forbidden. Once after hearing a sermon how sinful teens are and how evil the sex I saw 2 teens start making out in their truck before they even left, she was crawling all over him and they were both kissing even as he drove them out of there, and mentioning that to others they said churches is where many went to hook up (I suppose it made sense given it was a dry county, that is no legal sale of alcohol, and no clubs to go to).

Granny, who was deemed a slut in town (this is long before I was born), got the most male callers after Sunday services (until she made it clear she'd have nothing more to do with them), and I worry about what she endured because after I was called a slut she was terrified how I'd be treated and had my cousin make it very clear that anyone who raped me would be dealt with by him in such a way that they'd commit suicide when he was done with them, and he didn't give a damn how right they were with God or if they found Jesus (again) after raping me, and I do believe I was very fortunate he did that and that he was believed.

Much worse, sexual predation is very common in the churches (and not just Catholic). And I recall a vid where they were stinging people by pretending to be an underage girl online and when he showed up and implicated himself further on camera to show that he was there to have sex with her then busted him, but one who was the vilest and most perverted (and interesting enough looked for cams, found them, and fled, showing experience, and he did have a criminal record) turned out to be a Baptist preacher.

In any case you're not going to stop thinking about it, though you might repress it until you sexually combust.

One of the most idiotic things about Christianity to me is judging people by their thoughts instead of their actions. And if you don't know why then maybe this can illustrate how absurd it seems to me:

Seriously, how can anyone take such a sentiment that because you felt it in your heart then you might as well have done it? :confused:

That's just one of many reasons I consider Harry Potter superior to the Bible, including in this case where Sirius Black makes A LOT more sense (emphasis added):

Harry Potter: This connection between me and Voldemort... what if the reason for it is that I am becoming more like him? I just feel so angry, all the time. What if after everything that I've been through, something's gone wrong inside me? What if I'm becoming bad?

Sirius Black: I want you to listen to me very carefully, Harry. You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

Jesus once said to Peter, "The cock shall not crow until thou hast denied me thrice." Now, I'm no biblical scholar, but I'm pretty sure that what Jesus was trying to say is that grindr is totally cool.

Wade Wrote:Jesus once said to Peter, "The cock shall not crow until thou hast denied me thrice." Now, I'm no biblical scholar, but I'm pretty sure that what Jesus was trying to say is that grindr is totally cool.

Biblical scholars are like economists, if you laid them all end to end they still wouldn't reach a conclusion. You've missed the point entirely with that quote, it's saying that cocks are pretty cool.

LeedsLad90, what christianity claims to do best is salvation through forgiveness of sins, it's meaningless without sins; your duty should be clear.

Welcome to the boards.

not familiar with Christ addressing specifically the things you are mentioning... thought he said on the Sermon on the Mount, love God, love God as the only God, treat other people like you would want to be treated and everything gonna be alright.

all the other crap is from the Church, not Christ. They are different you know...

Yeah, good, luck, with, that.

Pix Wrote:...Much worse, sexual predation is very common in the churches (and not just Catholic). And I recall a vid where they were stinging people by pretending to be an underage girl online and when he showed up and implicated himself further on camera to show that he was there to have sex with her then busted him, but one who was the vilest and most perverted (and interesting enough looked for cams, found them, and fled, showing experience, and he did have a criminal record) turned out to be a Baptist preacher.

This is true of all places where adults have authority over children. Not just churches...

Well you learn something new every day......I had no idea it was a sin to use Grinder- damn! I knew I should have read the terms and conditions before clicking on accept - Geeezzzzeees...... do you know if it's a big one?