Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New year...time for contemplation
[MENTION=14580]CellarDweller[/MENTION] wishing you the best for the new year ahead and good health for everyone in your family
[MENTION=22161]edhued[/MENTION] yeah my parents have an issue with my sexuality. I've spent the last 12 years trying to make them understand and giving in to their neurotic whim but they are still not accepting and then make an ugly situation about us adopting about us "forcing our lifestyle on the kid and that they would be better off in the system" I've had enough and basically given up pleasing them and said that until they change their view that they won't see their grandchild as the last thing they need is to be confused by their own family.

[MENTION=22161]edhued[/MENTION] some bit of homoerotic scenes, as friendship is the main plot. I'm so excited to finish it!!

Lesson: sleep more
Goal: sleep more

I did sleep way too little (4-6h nightly) on this year and been promising to myself all the time "well, on the next night" and so on...

CellarDweller Wrote:After 5 deaths in one year's time, I'm hoping the Angel of Death decides not to glance at any of my family or friends this year.

I wish for that to come true *hugs*

ck86 Wrote:[MENTION=22161]edhued[/MENTION] yeah my parents have an issue with my sexuality. I've spent the last 12 years trying to make them understand and giving in to their neurotic whim but they are still not accepting and then make an ugly situation about us adopting about us "forcing our lifestyle on the kid and that they would be better off in the system" I've had enough and basically given up pleasing them and said that until they change their view that they won't see their grandchild as the last thing they need is to be confused by their own family.

That's hard to be in that situation, like you don't have any other choice. Either you go by your happiness of their, or the opposite. Hopefully the future will be different.

BlueStar Wrote:[MENTION=22161]edhued[/MENTION] some bit of homoerotic scenes, as friendship is the main plot. I'm so excited to finish it!!

awww that's sweet.

Although not entirely successful, 2014 was for me the year that changed everything.

I learnt a lot about myself, I had a FANTASTIC trip to New York that opened my eyes. I finally got out of my long-lasting crisis and I have a goal to achieve.

2015 MUST be the year where I start running for my accomplishments. Getting my Bachelor's, going to college (US hopefully), start living my life outside of the bubble I crafted for myself.

I'm so excited you have no idea.

[MENTION=21111]BlueStar[/MENTION] said "2015: Planning to get the hell out of this country and live freely."

Hey skinny bottom boy.... If you think you can handle a bit of cold, let me know. I'll do what I can to help you.

My 2014?

On the 31st it ends the 2nd phase of my relationship with Jay.
December 27th 2005 - Easter 2009... The first phase was long distance friends with benefits
April 2009 - December 27th 2014 ..the 2nd phase was about trying to build a life together in spite of all.
The third phase has just begun. Now we're working on actually building a life on a daily basis.

2015?

Both of us feel compelled to "give back" and help others in more ways and new ways. We'll be starting on that in a few months.

2014: Hot-headed, stubborn, selfish and had a lot of valueable lessons for that...
2015:
+ B1 French + B2 Greek
+ Switch to another school
+ Be a professional dancer
+ Not interested in finding a boyfriend. So I won't
+ Will try to learn Arabic if I have time, but I think not. So 2016, maybe?
+ Give [MENTION=21111]BlueStar[/MENTION] a hug.

Hmmmmm...how do I do this and keep it brief? That is the hard part.....

OK...I am primarily on an inner journey in life....always have been...and so I don't really elaborate much here or even in person as I am busy with it...I share it fully with my BF but that's about it....

So...last year...the best thing I learned and evolved on was instead of fighting and trying to run from the ugly parts of me...I learned to accept them and love them and even value the input...which in turn lessened their influence and allowed me to pretty much integrate them into my consciousness without prejudice....as they are...

I know that probably sounds weird but it really is a HUGE milestone for me....

In 2015...I want to master forgiveness. I have wanted to master it for many years now and I have taken probably 8.5 out of the 10 necessary steps to reach my goal...and it is within reach...I can feel it. I am stuck at the part where I have to master forgiving myself...and it is a necessary step to take...wish me luck...it isn't easy (actually extremely difficult)

I started my contemplation early this year, as it was a pretty crappy year for me. My cat died, three people I know died, my partner was struck with depression, money issues, etc etc. Although most of the negative stuff wasn't immediately due to anything I did or didn't do, I did decide early on that I wanted to make some changes.

First change: cut back on my caffeine intake. It had gotten to the point where I was having trouble getting to sleep each night. So I've reduced my intake by half, and I'm getting to sleep easier now. I may reduce it further, but right now, I'm pleased with how things are going.

Second change: I had to get back on my chore schedule. I do most of the housework at home, and I've just gotten really lazy about doing it all. So I downloaded an app for my phone for that. I've loaded up all the chores I do around the house into it, and it shows me what I need to do every day when I get home. I've been checking it the second I get home, and doing them before I do anything else.

Third change: I decided I wanted to try vegetarianism. About equally for health and for moral reasons. That said, I don't want to make things overly difficult for myself or anybody else. So I sort of made some guidelines for me to follow.

1. If I'm not "in charge" of my meal, I'll eat whatever I get. So if I go to a friend's house for dinner, and he's serving hamburgers, I'll eat one. If I can eat "around the meat", I will, but I won't have any problem with indulging in meat once in awhile. This doesn't happen all that often, so I don't anticipate this being much of a big deal.

2. If I AM in charge of my meal, I'll try to find a meatless option.

3. If there IS no meatless option, or if absolutely none of the meatless options sound appealing at all, I'll have a fish/seafood option.

I started it two weeks ago, and it's gone pretty well. My meat intake since December 14th has been one slice of bacon, and a slice of roast beef on Christmas day. (I ate at my parents' house.) Yesterday I had fried fish at a restaurant that really didn't have anything vegetarian. And I had shrimp at some point week before last. But everything else has been vegetarian. I haven't really felt the lack, either. Maybe I will eventually, but right now, things are going well.

Next thing to pump back up was my exercise schedule. This is something that ebbs and flows, and unfortunately, I've been slacking a bit too much as of late. So I'm back up to at least a 40 minute jog five times a week.

Next thing I want to work on is sexual, but I'll keep that one private. Smile

Lex

[MENTION=21778]Lexington[/MENTION] whilst that all sounds interesting you got me intrigued at the last part of your post....