Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie from WA.
Lol, well then, welcome to you as well! and I think I shall be sticking around ^_^. lol

Welcome to the forum. Xyxwave

Great colours, what type of music?

Lol. almost any kind of music. I sing a lot of choral/opera, but I listen to alternate/indie/emo music and some musical theatre pieces. how about yourself?

Hi. Kylie.

My taste in music is varied, depends on my mood.

Here is a sample of what I like.

Chill out music - Amethystium/Clannad/Enigma/Enya/ERA.

New Age - Jean Michel Jarre/Mike Oldfield/Tangerine dream/Vangelis.

Classical - Bach/Beethoven/Mozat.

Jazz = Acker Bilk/Dave Brubeck.

POP 60's - Animals/Byrds/Beatles/Kinks/Moddy Blues.

POP 70's/80's - Lighthouse Family/Human Leaque/Pet Shop Boys/Roxette.

Rock - Pink Floyd/Status Quo/Queen/Thin Lizzy/Yes.

New Music - BWO/La Roux.

I'm not into Rap or jungle music, reggie and soul are OK.

Rychard

I'm a bit disappointed that you don't mention your namesake, Richard Cordelion, since he was a skilled troubador. I've sung his beautiful "" many times Wink

Thanks for the reminder Marshlander, we often forget about our musical roots. Will have to listen to some more. Xyxthumbs

Welcome to the boards CutePepper2 (Kylie). There are lots of us here who also like the arts and especially music. Remind us where Tacoma is... is it in Arizona? Now I realise that it isn't since that's one of the places where you've been... so where is it???

My tastes in music are varied too although I don't like hard rock too much. Basically anything with a good tune will carry me away. I'm currently listening to Chopin, Mendelssohn, some medieval music, Schubert, Suppé and having a great time singing in a Christmas opera by American composer Gian Carlo Menotti...

Lol. Music is quite an amazing thing, I listen to a bit of everything and enjoy just about all of it. I'm so glad to learn what music others enjoy Smile
Tacoma is in Washington State in the US. The baby sister (if you will) of Seattle. An artsy city (especially downtown), and many theatres, I do quite enjoy that part of it Smile And Starbucks is EVERYWHERE.haha. Since it came from Seattle. (btw Schubert is amazing). lolSmile

princealbertofb Wrote:...Remind us where Tacoma is... is it in Arizona? ...

cutepepper2 Wrote:... Tacoma is in Washington State in the US ...
While we're on the subject Wink one of my favourite guitarists and composers, John Fahey, was born in Washington DC and founded Takoma Records whilst living in Takoma Park, which is apparently a suburb (obviously thousands of miles different from Tacoma in Washington State). Here's a live version of his beautiful "Yellow Princess", which I taught myself to play as a teenager after locking myself in my room for days with the record.

Hey marsh, thanks for sharing that piece. One of the most beautiful guitar playing I have heard in a long time. I am sure my dad would like that very much.