Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newcomer here
Ni hao ma. The only pinyin I know even I have studied it for 9 years...
I'm planning to study in Germany. How was the one year stay there?

Hi Alvin, welcome to the forum Welcome
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>

princealbertofb Wrote:Ni hao, Pan Jialiang, huānyíng zai GaySpeak. Welcome
It looks as if you have sorted your future life out, for the moment. How did your father receive the news of your being gay, may I ask? Did you come out to him before you travelled to Germany or did you come out after coming home from Germany? You did not mention your mother? Have you still got your mother and if so, how did she take the news?
You will definitely participate more actively once you get used to the site (grammar check, sorry). Or you will definitely be participating more actively...

... and we will be looking forward to your participation. Confusedmile:

你 (nĭWink 好 (hăo)

Well, I didn't plan to come out to my father back then. We were having dinner, talking about what life could be in the years to come before my departure for Germany. Somehow the conversation reached a point where he said it was fine not to get married as long as I was happy with it. (Apparently, he had no idea that I was gay.) So I took the chance to elaborate on the issue of "not getting married" and said that I had always wanted to share something with him but wondered if he could possible take it. He said go on, and you know the rest of the story.

It was really beyond my expectation that he would be so composed. He told to take care of myself since not everyone in China would be tolerant with homosexuality. Though we rarely bring out this topic again (I guess it takes time for him to digest the information.), I still regard my father as one of the most open-minded parents I could possibly imagine. My mom died of asthma more than a decade ago, so I didn't get a chance to tell her more about me.

Thanks for the grammar check. Smile

princealbertofb Wrote:Ni hao, Pan Jialiang, huānyíng zai GaySpeak. Welcome
It looks as if you have sorted your future life out, for the moment. How did your father receive the news of your being gay, may I ask? Did you come out to him before you travelled to Germany or did you come out after coming home from Germany? You did not mention your mother? Have you still got your mother and if so, how did she take the news?
You will definitely participate more actively once you get used to the site (grammar check, sorry). Or you will definitely be participating more actively...

... and we will be looking forward to your participation. Confusedmile:

I've been trying to answer your post, but somehow they have all been set as invisible. I wonder if there's something inappropriate in mine.

MHJG Wrote:Ni hao ma. The only pinyin I know even I have studied it for 9 years...
I'm planning to study in Germany. How was the one year stay there?

wo hen hao. xie xie.

Which part of Germany are you going to study in? I had a one-yar stay as an exchange student in Bayreuth, Bavaria. Though it is a fairly small town, one can easily get to the main street within minutes' walk, where you will find supermarkets, shopping malls, pharmacies, etc. I guess the same it true when it comes to any other small town in Germany.

Most of the students speak pretty good English. They might be a bit reserved at first, but try to grab a bottle a beer with your roommates. In no time, they will share more about them with you.

Alvin Wrote:I've been trying to answer your post, but somehow they have all been set as invisible. I wonder if there's something inappropriate in mine.

Probably not Smile. Some posts get held in a moderation queue up until you reach 50 posts. It's nothing personal, it's to weed out spam and trolls. The easiest way to combat this is to head to the Game threads and post until you reach 50 posts, then nothing will be moderated by the system.

Welcome to the forum btw Smile

[MENTION=24431]Alvin[/MENTION]
I'm going to Bonn if they accept my application.
Did you learn some German? I start learning it right now, and it's very difficult but interesting.
Would you mind I ask about the living cost there? The website says it's around 500~800euro per month. Is that true?

Alvin Wrote:I've been trying to answer your post, but somehow they have all been set as invisible. I wonder if there's something inappropriate in mine.

Probably not, the first time posters get some of their posts set aside for moderation.

Cridders88 Wrote:Probably not Smile. Some posts get held in a moderation queue up until you reach 50 posts. It's nothing personal, it's to weed out spam and trolls. The easiest way to combat this is to head to the Game threads and post until you reach 50 posts, then nothing will be moderated by the system.

Welcome to the forum btw Smile

Thanks for the tip. I'll head to the Game threads right away. Smile

MHJG Wrote:[MENTION=24431]Alvin[/MENTION]
I'm going to Bonn if they accept my application.
Did you learn some German? I start learning it right now, and it's very difficult but interesting.
Would you mind I ask about the living cost there? The website says it's around 500~800euro per month. Is that true?

Hi, [MENTION=24214]MHJG[/MENTION]

I will write you back as soon as I get 50 posts. Now I am half way through.