Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Jerking Off For 30 Days
Pacific Wrote:This is more of a psychological effect rather than medical science. You don't lose male essence because the normal functioning male body continually reproduces sperm. The root belief behind it probably more has something to do with the idea that abstaining from masturbation will make you much more excitable, which in turn will probably have a psychological effect making you feel more sexual or manly (hence the "male essence") due to tension that has built up.

Tension=bad.
Jerk off=good.

Darius Wrote:Tension=bad.
Jerk off=good.

I'd kind of be worried that not jerking off (and abstaining from sex) might do some damage to my 'masculine essence', than the other way around.

The ancients and their ridiculous beliefs! If you need a fucking medical degree to figure out that you're a man and that it's good to play with your dick, then I am doubtful of your masculinity.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I was "celibate", for a lot longer after a series of traumatic events, occasionally there were a few feelings that, I don't know how to explain, but, "leakage." I an only explain that what is being produced doesn't actually stop, so it has to go somewhere.

Rhyolite Wrote:I was "celibate", for a lot longer after a series of traumatic events, occasionally there were a few feelings that, I don't know how to explain, but, "leakage." I an only explain that what is being produced doesn't actually stop, so it has to go somewhere.

Tried to edit. This sounds a bit bad, just to clarify, just feelings, not like walking around like an elephant in musth or anything... Tuut

I'm sure you don't lose your masculinity by jerking off. There was a period in my life where I didn't jerk off for several months because I was really depressed. But if I'm feeling fine, I do it few times a week.

I don't think so either. I do it every day for the most part. I think guys go through cycles where they'll maybe take a break for a couple days...

Otherwise I see it like this...

https://youtu.be/I6HS61PMDyo?t=2m5s
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

There is probably more mind manipulating in this thought than we know, and it could be something with a social origin. China is already a very populated country and maybe the authorities don't want to encourage their male population to want sex too often because of their stance on sex life and having children etc. To a certain extent, waiting between sessions of masturbation may give you more libido the next time you do it, but libido is also encouraged by opportunity, or discouraged by the lack of intimacy.

Some kinds of medicine also limit your libido, such as anti depressors. You might not feel in much of a mood to masturbate or have sex on account of taking that kind of medicine.

As with most things, excess is what needs to be curbed, lest it become an addiction. Maybe the Chinese have this at the back of their minds when they say that masturbating too often is bad for the body. (But to go without it for ONE month???)

In fact masturbating isn't bad for the body, though the excess of it might be (and might make you quite tired). Also your body could be the one telling you when it needs that sexual release. We produce sperm on a daily basis, so it's not as if we're going to go dry.

But as I said, it's also reliant on the context, the possibility of intimacy, maybe the presence of visual aids and / or toys, etc.... and the opportunity (time, place, company, physical fitness etc.)

I went one day this week without ejaculating. Unless you insist on a day being 24 hours. Shouldn't 12 hours count for something?

I'm not yet certain of other parts of asia, but in Vietnam, the effect of mastubation is still one of the polarising topics. Even most of sientific documents indicate that mastubation is completely normal and not harmful at all if you dont do it excessively, many vietnamese people could hardly believe a word of those, or some believe but not able to get rid of guilt feelings.
For me, i the feeling of guilt causes more harm than jerking of excessively. 2-3 times a week is great, but 1 per day is completely fineCatsmileyCatsmiley

blackfan Wrote:I jsut listened to a podcast named "No Jerking Off For 30 Days", just wondering have you guys ever tried this?

The traditional Chinese medical science believe that the sperm is the essence of the male's body. If you cum too frequently, you lose too much essence, it is not good for your health. Therefore, when I wank too much, I feel guilty and kinda unhealthy.

How do you guys think?

I couldn't do it!

I also think that sperm is constantly being created, reabsorbed by the body. Not an expert or anything but sounds kind of like folklore.