Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No idea what comes next
[MENTION=23903]MajorasMasc[/MENTION], if you head east on US 40 for 35 miles to Knightstown and find the cemetery, there is a creek that runs behind it. The secrets of life were revealed to me there when I was about 8 years old. Simplicity is a complex and beautiful thing. You might easily make a hobby of discovering your beautiful state. Best not to make work and its rewards your goal. That is only money.

By the way, on the way to or from Knightstown you can stop in Greenfield and find the old swimmin' hole. If you don't know about it, try reading some James Whitcomb Riley for a hint or two. There is wonder all around you. Enjoy.
I bid NO Trump!

volunteer. help out with the community. try something new.

I never really leave Indianapolis for any reason. My vacation is coming up next week. Not that I have any plans I just need to take a break. It's shame it is the middle of winter else I might see what rural Indiana has to offer. I realize that I ultimately need to get out more but that's not an easy thing to do. My office is smack dab in the middle of Broad Ripple. It's an Indy neighborhood that's very popular among my age group (also very LGBT friendly) but I never hang around past 5. Maybe I'll consider hanging around on a Friday night or something.

Then just take a good long ride in the country. Winter or summer it is good to get a change of pace. Good project : Try to find a good place to eat that is not a national chain.
I bid NO Trump!

[MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION] I am actually surrounded by unique restaurant by work. Broad Ripple has a ton of stand alone places to eat and it is really cool. I grew up in the country and hated it which is why i flock to the city, but getting away sounds peaceful.

[MENTION=23903]MajorasMasc[/MENTION], it can be very peaceful and a break in the pace. I love the city, too, but a ride through the countryside always makes me think a bit differently. Whatever you do, I hope you take advantage of your time off to refresh your outlook and see a bit of the wonders at hand.
I bid NO Trump!

MajorasMasc Wrote:This might be a bit deep but I just don't know what to do. I currently have a really good job and have been self sufficient for a year now. This was my initial goal after graduating university as living with family was a nightmare (They don't care I'm gay. there are OTHER reasons). I just can't fathom what would be next. Eventually a partner would be nice but I haven't really been trying lately because of a lack of self confidence. My job is challenging and I learn new things everyday so I don't intend to leave for a while. I don't care about wealth or material possessions since I already make more than my parents do ( I grew up on food stamps). I'm in a bit of a slump. What drives you to bother waking up in the morning? Maybe some of the older folks with more life experience can advise me.
You haven't said enough. Help me understand why you are "in a bit of a slump" and why you wouldn't want to wake up every morning. You have your whole life ahead of you.

If self-confidence is an issue, then what are you doing to work on that?

How can we help?

BTW, FWIW, I'm originally from Indiana.

Study a new language and travel. You could learn Australian and visit the heaven on earth called Australia.

My life before this job has been nothing but anxiety and stress trying not to end up in the same financial situation as my parents. I grew up almost dirt poor and now I frequently give them money when they ask because I don't even need a good chunk of it. I never had the chance to figure out who I was in school/university since I was focused on moving out of poverty. I have a good job and my finances are secure, but I'm "in a slump" because my personal life feels a bit empty . Essentially the only reason I bother to go outside is because of my job. If, in a hypothetical situation I won the lottery, I would never even leave my house. It likely has something to due with my lack of self worth, but I just don't know how to improve my self esteem,

hmmm, seems you like anime Smile going by the Iroh quote (one of my favorite characters)

always get a chuckle when he goes to the market and comes back with a bunch of junk "Only thing better than finding what your looking for is finding things you are not looking for at a great price!" xD

hmmm but for a suggestion, perhaps give one piece a try (if you haven't already)
it will keep you entertained for a while I think Big Grin wish i had more helpfull advice but im not sure what to say really :X.

I hope you get outa your "slump" soon though, ill think on matters Smile. But perhaps as suggested a hoby, or get a cat, I know you said no to a dog because of care needed. a cat is generally pretty self regulated though Big Grin. change the litter box every 3-4 days along with the water and fill up a food dispenser every couple weeks Wink. The company is well worth the few minutes every week!