Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Koreans ordered to hand over pet dogs for use as meat!
Just saw this and so shocking! Angry

Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Yikes! Crazy how desperate things must be in that country to come to that point. Very sad situation.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

Yeah, I think all the wealth is being sucked out of the country and everyday people live in relative poverty with shortages of food supplies etc. Their GDP for 2019 was only 18 billion US dollars which is tiny for a country of any size... for comparison a small European country like Luxemburg's GDP is 70 billion and Cuba in S. America had 100 billion in 2019.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

The article says that the result of the food shortage is (partly) to do with the sanctions against the country. I don't know to what extent but while I think sanctions can work I don't think it is right when the result is people starving.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

I'm sure pescatarian/vegetarian/vegan food options would have been a lot easier and cheaper to supply though... poor dogs... so sad! Sad

(08-17-2020, 02:48 PM)andy Wrote: I'm sure pescatarian/vegetarian/vegan food options would have been a lot easier and cheaper to supply though... poor dogs... so sad! Sad

I think the only problem with that is that their farming is completely manual so it is much easier to raise livestock which apparently they don't have either. I know they have faced several famines and much the resources they do have go to the military and the top government officials...It really is sad and very much a situation that not much can be done about until Kim's family is removed from power.
Check out my stuff!