Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Masturbating
Do you have a yearly physical or visit with your doctor? From across the interwebs it doesn't sound like you have a problem but you could go and get a general lookover from the doc. Just tell him that you are OK but don't always feel up to snuff. You don't even have to mention your sex drive.

If you do want to give it a try, do you like pictures, videos, short stories? Whatever stimulates you might be worth a try. On the whole though, I would not be too concerned.
I bid NO Trump!

jarhop Wrote:I mean mentally I feel like I have my days of breaking down and others when I feel empowered and optimistic. I haven't jacked off since maybe December.

Um, not cumming for 7 months is not what I would call normal for anyone of any age who still has a working penis.

im on a forum ... maybe the forum where i am in can help you: http://www.wetdreamforum.com ... all abt people abstaining with the goal of attaining a wetdream ..

If YOU do not have an urge to wank and you are not wanking that sounds normal. Normal for someone who does not feel like wanking.

Wank if you wish but do not just wank because it is the thing to do. Smile

JohnMusic Wrote:If YOU do not have an urge to wank and you are not wanking that sounds normal. Normal for someone who does not feel like wanking.

Wank if you wish but do not just wank because it is the thing to do. Smile

Except that he said he does get horny and erect. I'm not sure what more urge he needs to beat off. If he is just choosing not to do so, that is his choice. Maybe he is just in the habit of not doing it. Either way he can do what he wants.

There is scientific research that shows ejaculation is healthy for the prostate.

Darius Wrote:Except that he said he does get horny and erect. I'm not sure what more urge he needs to beat off. If he is just choosing not to do so, that is his choice. Maybe he is just in the habit of not doing it. Either way he can do what he wants.

There is scientific research that shows ejaculation is healthy for the prostate.

i think i misunderstood this. Thanks. Smile

Although I never said it was unhealthy.

jarhop Wrote:I mean mentally I feel like I have my days of breaking down and others when I feel empowered and optimistic. I haven't jacked off since maybe December.
I'm trying to understand what days of "breaking down" and others of "feeling empowered and optimistic" have to do with masturbating. You're saying SO LITTLE... How can we help you when we're all just guessing. If you're texting from a phone, well, get to a laptop or something and fill in some details here. Because with what I've quoted there, sounds like you're dealing with fluctuations in mood...maybe even depression. Ok, but what does that have to do with masturbating?

And you haven't said whether or not you orgasm. Do you? Wet dreams? If you're not having orgasms ... then, yeah... that could be a problem. Like someone above said, masturbation is actually a healthy thing. Nothing wrong with it at all. Not that it has to fit any specific pattern. But no orgasms? That's worth talking to a Dr about.

MikeW Wrote:That's true BUT it is ALSO true that some guys just don't jerk off. I know a guy who didn't even start masturbating till he was in college. It's incomprehensible to me (horny old fucker that I've always been) but everyone is different... and some of us are more different than others.

i'm aware people are different. not masturbating is still weird.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

if you are not jerking off because you think it is wrong i think you have listened to too many religious people. Not killing people because you think it is wrong makes more sense to me.

Some would say that all men are naturally horny and that our dicks dictate our moves, which I find a perfect fallacy. The greatest sex organ is not between our legs but in our heads. Our brains tell us how much we need to get off, or not, and we can even tell it not to get us all horny when necessary. If we let our instincts dictate there would probably be a lot more sexual activity going on. But, being gay, aren't we able to train our brains not to give us erections when it wouldn't be appropriate, or possibly dangerous if the erection was perceived? I'm sure this is as much to do with the will to do anything about it as it is to do with natural libido (or sex drive) . Your sex drive is partially controlled by the chemistry your own body makes (hormones) and so a low sex drive might show that your body hasn't come to full development in that department, or just that your levels of testosterone are low for the moment.
Getting erections and having fantasies is surely good for the mind, but I would also add that keeping the piping piping is probably also a good idea, medically speaking, as it would avoid later health worries. I think our bodies are naturally programmed to emit sperm on a certain frequency basis. This is something that you might lose sight of if you habitually masturbate often.
I sense that your question is also to do with levels of depression? Am I right?