Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not another would you date thread...
Well I lied, it is - but instead of picking on physicality, I want to focus on something I frankly haven't seen mentioned, but here in the USA with the Extremely high prisoner per capita count I have to wonder if....

You would date an Ex-con?

I would set out a lot of parameters here - but I think you all can decide your own limits.

Once again, I would say it doesnt matter........but to an extent.

As with fat people who cant loose weight because of heredity or gene issues...
And skinny people with the same issues in reverse....

There are people in prison who have been railroaded, framed, and falsely accused, that are in prison.
Some people are in prison for nothing more than crossing the road on a red light, while others are in there for crimes against nature.

I had a friend who spent 5 years in jail because some slut whore lied to him about his age.
I had another friend who spent 5 years in jail because he was framed by a family member.
And another friends husband spent 5 years in jail because he beat the shit out of some asshole who stole his families welfare money that was to buy food for his kids.

Short answer no.
Long answer yes.
Like most things, its something that has to be taken on a personal level.

A murderer who did it just for fun, or because he was robbing someone....hell no.
A murderer who did it to protect himself or his loved ones.....definitely.

No, I wouldn't. Life is not some movie or soap opera where you can easily put in jail someone completely innocent. If someone has been in jail, then they must have done something dangerous enough. Maybe I'm a bad person and too careful, but I wouldn't even ask why has he been there. I would never date a criminal, because I don't believe jail can change a person to the good.

Edward,

I don't know how it is in Norway, here in the USA the movie drama of juries and trial rarely actually takes place. 95+% of the cases are settled via plea bargaining.

The real horror ensues when you start reading up on how the Plea bargaining actually works in the USA. https://www.google.com/#psj=1&q=innocent...a+bargains Do by all means go and read a few of those sites.

Edward Wrote:No, I wouldn't. Life is not some movie or soap opera where you can easily put in jail someone completely innocent. If someone has been in jail, then they must have done something dangerous enough. Maybe I'm a bad person and too careful, but I wouldn't even ask why has he been there. I would never date a criminal, because I don't believe jail can change a person to the good.

http://thegrio.com/2013/06/17/falsely-ac.../#52230000

“Mistaken eyewitness identification is one of the leading causes of wrongful convictions in the US”

There are TONS of these stories online and in newspapers. Not only in the US but other countries as well.

Justice is corrupt. Justice is a joke.
You are considered GUILTY until proven innocent!

why does jail make such a difference?

you can go to jail for all sorts of minor offences, you can do a major crime and avoid jail on a technicality.

to me it would be a non issue

Ohhh yasss gurl, them prison muscles thooo!! Im-blushing-smiley

lol

But seriously yea, because I mean, really, it's not like I'm gonna say, okey rape me, rob me, forge my signature, kill me and violate my dead body and sever me and eat me.

I'm not stupid enough to just let a person do these things to me, so if I find something wrong with the person, to where I feel my personal and familial well being is in jeopardy , then I will cut it off quicker than the barber does hair.

But otherwise, I'm willing to give every person a try. Not everyone is perfect, we all have flaws and have made mistakes in life, some more serious than others, but not every person is hitler or whatever, some people actually do try to reform or were possibly pressured into what they done or whatever.

I may be a stupid, trusting hippie, but I really believe it's fair to atleast give someone a chance. Doesn't mean you have to just bend over with your banking information at the ready while he has his way with you -.-

That's like me saying I won't date a black guy, cause he'll rob me blind and domestically abuse me...

I would date a ex-prisoner or whatever. If I feel like I cannot trust him or feel a certain way, I will end it then and there. Gives me troubles afterwards? Well I have two big cousins who are quite familiar with jail and have their little cuzzy's back Msn-slapping

lol.
Hands-make-heart