Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not even a goodnight kiss?
I just found this online and found it to be pretty interesting, if not a little disappointing. True, this study looked primarily at heterosexual couples, I wondered if it's the same with gay/lesbian couples.

I'm not in a relationship, but going to bed without a kiss or a simple "I love you"? It just seems sad to me. Please share your thoughts.

80% of couples go to sleep without kissing good night, not even a simple peck. And 90% don't even bother to say 'I love you!' Do you kiss your significant other good night?

(From Fox 29 - Philadelphia affiliate)

I do, when I have a partner but, I also like to fall asleep snuggled with my partner. I have had partners that don't like that and aren't big on kissing goodnight, or hello/goodbye either.

I know it's "real" when that affection is there with intent even when we don't feel like it. Anything else is just convenience and/or going through the motions. Sad but true.Yllove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Well...it certainly is not sad at all to me. I love the man I am with unconditionally and he knows that and vice versa...we have been together for 26 years and we are both very happy...and we do not do either of those things. We are openly affecionate in private everyday so it certainly is not an issue.

I think as a society we have let books, TV, movies, romance novels and fiction in general define relationships and how we "should" feel and what we "should" say or do...I find submitting to fictional or idealized notions or images of romance and love is a sign of a weak and lazy mind....and THAT is sad.

Kissing all the time - yes/no. Depends on who I am with and what they like. I've been with guys who want to kiss after everything, and others where kissing is like blue moons, except we get more blue moons. LOL

Saying I love you all the time - no. It gets to sound like a broken record and unfortunately I have been in enough relationships where the love is only verbal not in action.

I will say goodnight. Its just polite.

somethings don't need to be said, somethings don't need to be done, because in a true relationship, each person just 'KNOWS', when 2 people feel as one words do not express what is held in the heart and lips cannot convey the message as easily as simply being there for each other in good times and in bad.

Hello,
When i have a partner i always give them a kiss and a cuddle then say Love ya sleep well god bless... Why? Because they may not be there the next morning when you wake... l said this to my ex right upto the day he left me for his new fella and now i got the dog to say it to Smile

dfiant Wrote:somethings don't need to be said, somethings don't need to be done, because in a true relationship, each person just 'KNOWS', when 2 people feel as one words do not express what is held in the heart and lips cannot convey the message as easily as simply being there for each other in good times and in bad.

But wouldnt it be nice to just be told every night that your man next to you loves ya?

Knowing it is great, but it's nice to hear and, better to see the actions when you know it's genuine and not just a matter of going through the motions.

Sure, if the "I love yous" Are just words or even words and actions because he thinks he is supposed to, then it's pretty much worthless to me and, I won't tolerate it for long without reason. (i.e. partner having a rough time.)

zeon Wrote:But wouldnt it be nice to just be told every night that your man next to you loves ya?

For 14 years without fail my ex told me those three little words - often - daily. Every single phone call was ended with 'I love you'... On his way out to 'work' or to a job interview it was 'I love you sweetie'...

That didn't stop him from sleeping with at least 120 men in 12 years. That didn't keep him from cheating on me after work, or just going and cheating instead of really going to a job interview.

I had another lover who knocked me down and started kicking me screaming at the top of his voice 'I Love you!!!!!' Yeah I felt the love, a few cracked ribs, bruising, cuts...

The words are meaningless, and off the lips of some people they are the meanest, most terrible things to say to a person.