Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not exclusive
So I asked the guy I'm dating if we were exclusive, we been 5 dates maybe it was too soon and he said he likes to see where things go, and take things slow. I like to take it slow too and etc but I was just curious.

He said "though I have not gone out on other dates. im kinda just liking seeing where things r going, im not in a rush"

I said "I'm not in a rush either and etc" just what I said above but too much to put on here.

he said "im kinda just enjoying the ride for a change...and I'm really enjoying to getting to know you"

So i do not know if this is bad or good!? can someone help me out? I know it was toooooooooo soooon to ask if we r exclusive but i was just curious that is all! Sad

Its is a 'good thing'.

Mind you are real early in this relationship, to expect exclusivity this early on is a big of a large expectation.

Since he said that he isn't having nightly different men, and is taking it slowly is a good sign that he is really interested in relationship, not just sex.

THIS IS A VERY GOOD THING!

Way too many guys are in such a hurry to be able to say, "i have a boyfriend" or update their Facebook relationship status taht they miss the chance to ENJOY THE RIDE! That dosn't mean - see you till someone better comes along - if that was the case you wouln't have had 5 dates already.

My counsel to you, soak up every minute of your time together. Don't read anything into everything he does or says - enjoy spending time together. You see, this gives you BOTH the chance to see the other in a variety of situations: out alone, with friends, family, events, etc. You can see if he's a picky eater, or has bad hygiene, or how kind he is with strangers or how he can find cool things in the simplest of situations.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE LABEL: BOYFRIEND!

How can I stand out from the other guys? That he may encounter, or talk to or even go on a date with?

I'm just afraid that he may end up dating another guy and soon enough leave me behind and forget all about me. I've had it happen before to me but the only big difference is that they never told me if they like me, while this current guy I'm talking to told me that he likes me.

So how can I stand out compared to the other cute guys cing his way?

as budwiser says

good things come to those who wait

zeon Wrote:as budwiser says

good things come to those who wait

BUDWEISER says that?

:confused:

Damn. Screw the herbal tea.

BobInTampa Wrote:THIS IS A VERY GOOD THING!

Way too many guys are in such a hurry to be able to say, "i have a boyfriend" or update their Facebook relationship status taht they miss the chance to ENJOY THE RIDE! That dosn't mean - see you till someone better comes along - if that was the case you wouln't have had 5 dates already.

My counsel to you, soak up every minute of your time together. Don't read anything into everything he does or says - enjoy spending time together. You see, this gives you BOTH the chance to see the other in a variety of situations: out alone, with friends, family, events, etc. You can see if he's a picky eater, or has bad hygiene, or how kind he is with strangers or how he can find cool things in the simplest of situations.

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE LABEL: BOYFRIEND!
I agree with what Bob has said. Don't rush, and definitely observe how he treats others, how he handles stressful situations, how he handles his finances, etc. Make sure he's someone who cares about YOU.

Alwaysconfused Wrote:How can I stand out from the other guys? That he may encounter, or talk to or even go on a date with?

I'm just afraid that he may end up dating another guy and soon enough leave me behind and forget all about me. I've had it happen before to me but the only big difference is that they never told me if they like me, while this current guy I'm talking to told me that he likes me.

So how can I stand out compared to the other cute guys cing his way?
Well, what are you doing in the romance department? Have you fixed him dinner? Given him a massage? Remembered some little thing he mentioned and surprised him? Light the candles and pour some wine. Confusedmile:

On the other hand, has he done any special little things for you? Things have to be mutual. Work on building a friendship.

Do little things that make him want to be with you; don't try to chain him to you. Wink

I wish you the best!

Bobln Tampa thank you (might of Speke it wrong) for what u said and to everybody else. I think I need to learn to stop worrying so much lol

I also freak out when I see him on grindr for some reason thinking negative thoughts. Some1 told me once I stop taking everything as negative things will be easier.

Good things come to those who wait was also used by Guinness! But if from the beginning if you don't have an exclusive relationship how on earth can you build on that???

refering to a relationship as a ride? that wouldn't reassure me- but that last part after it. might be the glimmer of hope. that he is actually really starting to like you.