Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not so sweet Lollipop
I just wanted to see if anyone else agreed with me on something. I just got my android 5.0.1 update. I use to love my HTC One M8 Harmon Kardon and now I just wanna run it over with my car.

Does anyone else hate the new update? I don't know why. My phone was so sleek. Easy to use. Smooth. Not laggy. Now it's just layer on layer of crap. It's sad. The phone itself is amazing. Just not the software anymore.

[MENTION=21512]SHOman93[/MENTION] buy apple. forget about problems))

[MENTION=22432]Vizor[/MENTION] I have all Apple products. Macbook Pro retina. Ipod. I've just always had android. I'm an android boy ;p

[MENTION=21512]SHOman93[/MENTION]

I don't use Android.

Have you tried a factory reset? I actually read that Lollipop is more stable than iOS 8. Maybe it needs a clean install? Just backup your data before you wipe it clean. I can't speak for myself about the stability of Lollipop because my phone is too old to get the update. I'm on custom KitKat ROM and it's awesome.

i don't know about android, no experience. but i hate firefox updates lately. every time they release a new one something that used to work seamlessly stops working for me. toolbars have become completely unresponsive, some of the settings are impossible to find, bookmarks' access works from one menu but not the other, there's a problem with the plug-ins.....they keep making it more complicated, or changing some essential aspects that are just not worth it. and then i have to browse through countless mozilla threads to find a solution to my problems. not funny.

i've been thinking about finally switching to Safari, because software isn't supposed to piss you off. it's supposed to transparently do its job on the background and you're not supposed to notice it at all.

My S3 will eventually get Lollipop and I'm dreading it. The only way to stop it is to root it and I'm not gonna even though I've done it before with other devices. I like it just the way it is. I don't want a different GUI and who knows how it will affect battery life? I had a tablet with Jellybean and it "upgraded" to KitKat and after that the battery wouldn't last a day even without using it. I rooted it and removed a lot of extra stuff (which had never been a problem with Jellybean) and it helped but it was never as good as it was before the "upgrade". Google Play Services (not the same thing as Google Play; it's a service of some kind) used more power than even the screen, even with heavy use (I used it for ebooks a lot) and always killed the battery in a short time after the "upgrade". There should be a way to reject "upgrades" but there's not.

apple? yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhhhhhhhhhhhh! that aint gonna happen, ever! i do have ipad air 2 and it sucks, but not me unfortunately... it's so last season... the best thing i have ever had is my oneplus one. it's so freaking awesome! i used to have note10.1 as my phone - i like big things! but of course i had/have a smartwatch for it aswell. but having a iphone (ios), it's so "two years behind" of everything... not for guys who gives some love for tech...