Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG-why is this section collecting dust?
I just finished reading the girl with the dragon tattoo.

AirBorn Wrote:Any good books on self improvement and being positive?

oh, but now that i think about it:
Life 101 - Peter McWilliams
that might be up your alley. a friend of mine raved about it, back in the day.
i've never read it myself, but i am a big fan of another of his books.
...in fact he wrote several you might find interesting.

I'm not sure if I should obtrude here ... but, I finished in the past week Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49 as well as White's The Beautiful Room is Empty and Barnes' Nightwood . Tomorrow I plan to begin Maldoror.

Obtrude? Nonsense!
you are participating, and very well i might add.

YetAnother Wrote:Obtrude? Nonsense!
you are participating, and very well i might add.

Oh, good. You mentioned Palahniuk in an earlier post, and I have to say I've read Snuff and Lullaby, and I have to say, I don't get the attraction -- his prose is limp and yet somehow selfish. Reminds me of Philip K. Dick (not in subject matter, but in voice). IDK

Natecott Wrote:Oh, good. You mentioned Palahniuk in an earlier post, and I have to say I've read Snuff and Lullaby, and I have to say, I don't get the attraction -- his prose is limp and yet somehow selfish. Reminds me of Philip K. Dick (not in subject matter, but in voice). IDK

Hehe -- I had to say "I have to say" twice to make my point. Yam.

well, i don't feel the need to defend him too much- but i will say you don't mention his best work.
but try to stay on a positive-tip Nate. your much cuter when talking about what you like as opposed to what you don't.

YetAnother Wrote:well, i don't feel the need to defend him too much- but i will say you don't mention his best work.
but try to stay on a positive-tip Nate. your much cuter when talking about what you like as opposed to what you don't.

Confusedmile: I'll try.

Wink that would be all i ask of you. i have trouble staying on the positive myself sometimes.

AirBorn Wrote:Any good books on self improvement and being positive?

I'll recommend Prometheus Rising followed by Quantum Psychology. Confusedmile: