Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of luscious lips and newbies
It's all Shadow's fault...!!!

He started it. Lol. In fact, we were on that other site that he's mentioned for quite a long time till it eventually packed up. I think people just got mad at the way it didn't seem to prevent any spamming from coming in any more and we all just got bored with the whole process. Still, it was a good site while it lasted and that's how Shadow and Michael and Marshlander and I all became friends.

So, as I mentioned earlier, it's all Shadow's fault if now you've got to cope with two new members on this forum. That's because he insisted that the site was good and worth it. I hope he was right.
Marshlander and I are partners, and we were very lucky to meet through such boards as these. Not so long ago, the whole process of finding a legitimate and worthwhile partner on the Internet seemed rather daunting and improbable, but I think we've made it become real enough to encourage others to try, if they are so inclined. It was all a bit of a challenge and gamble but don't they say "Nothing venture, nothing gain"? In French: "Qui ne tente rien, n'a rien".

So can anyone explain the red lips ???

(a bit lusciously confused) PA

I don’t know who I have to sleep with to get a message published on this site (apart from you, honey, but I don’t know that you have that much influence ;-), but I’ve tried four times to introduce myself. Can anyone tell me why clicking a “post reply” button might cause one’s message to disappear beyond the ninth gate and why there isn’t a way of retrieving it by clicking the back button as is possible with some message board systems? I shall have to remain a somewhat petulant, curmudgeonly man of mystery until I work out what I’m doing. Am I just being overprotective by constructing this message in Notepad, ready to cut and paste until it goes up?

Oh, er, hello, everyone, by the way ;-)

Okay, well I’ve tried one or two tests and see that I can spare you all the boredom by deleting them. So here goes attempt number five. Maybe this site is like mogwai, one shouldn’t try posting after midnight?

My name is Derek (sometimes aka jo) and I’m very fortunate to be the partner of the delightful princealbertofb (which is a bit of a mouthful … sorry, I should rephrase that, my concentration is slipping a bit … so I usually call him Albert or, on very lazy days, PA). We met through both being contributors to the old uk.gay.com message boards, many years ago.

During the day (and often the night time) I am self-employed as a musician, but owing to my particular brand of inertia find that most of my work is still in England. This means Albert and I have what is euphemistically known as a long-distance relationship. In this regard I am indebted to all things orange for affordable telecommunications and travel and I have been with this man who lights up my life for a very good five years. We are probably more in touch with each other’s news, thoughts and feelings than I can claim to be the case in any previous relationship. So, while I don’t think I’m complacent, I have learned to love, be loved and most importantly, to trust and respect some responsibilities that go with being trusted (this is all such exciting new territory!).

I’m sure I’m not the only one, but maybe I’m in a minority by being a bit slow to come out, even to myself. This gave me plenty of time to make a mess of the lives of people who are among those whom I love the most. Thankfully I am over some pretty awful times and was able to enjoy Christmas with my ex-wife, children and one of the grandchildren at my father’s place (with whom I presently live, when in England), even if I did incinerate the parsnips.

That’s probably much more than I need to write in an introduction, but I’m looking forward to making the acquaintance of some of you, as well as meeting up with old friends, Michael and shadow in discussions once more. Many thanks to shadow for letting Albert know about this site. You look like nice people, so I’ll try not to abuse that!!

Regards and best wishes à tous

Hello and welcome the both of you!! And LOL at your introductions.

(in before Shadow!)

To quickly answer your questions..

Those luscious lips... they basically tell you how much of a post whore you've been! The more lips = the more posts! As you can see.. I am quite the post whore... along with Shadow, saltybeanz and spotysocks!

As for your posts disappearing into the murky depths of nowhere... sometimes when new people sign up, it gets flagged as spam. But once spotysocks or Ashleo (our mods) should be able to sort things out when one of em next comes on.

edit: Oh, and Andy the webmaster (I didn't forget ya really Wink )

Hey big warm welcome to the site guys! Confusedmile:

Yeah, as Mike said, 'Newbie' posts get sensored for spam (inclusion of domain names etc. ~ when you mentioned gay.com) I've approved them for you now...

Catch you later,

Andy xox
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Andy Wrote:Hey big warm welcome to the site guys! Confusedmile:

Yeah, as Mike said, 'Newbie' posts get sensored for spam (inclusion of domain names etc. ~ when you mentioned gay.com) I've approved them for you now...

Thank you, Andy the Webmaster. I am much indebted :redface: Now it's time for me to shut up.

Regards

No dont shut up :eek:

We like chatty people here!!!

Welcome to the site guys Wink

Welcome to the both of you! Any friends of shadow are definately welcome here.

spotysocks Wrote:No dont shut up :eek:

We like chatty people here!!!

Welcome to the site guys Wink

Oh, all right then. Let's hope you don't live to regret saying that :biggrin:

Thanks, everyone, for being so welcoming.

[quote=Andy]Hey big warm welcome to the site guys! Confusedmile:

Catch you later,

Andy xox[/quote

I hate to be a bitch about it Andy but you mispelled CENSORED