Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offensive Terms
Aquarius Wrote:But then, I even have slight problems with the term "LGBT" because it puts orientation and gender identity into one box, though it's two different categories, and it just gets to absurdity with all the other letters that are sometimes attached.

well, that is not a problem anymore because lgbt is an old term, it is nowadays LBTGQIA... well, few alphabets are still missing :/

but things change.. today we teach our kids to be unisex. boys are not boys and girls are not girls... boys dont wear blue, it would be too categorizing and messing their little heads from the beginning. they all, boys and girls, are... ehm... uhm... things.... and called... ehmm.. "it"...?

so, the english language should change immediately, because there cant be he or she anymore. babies are traumatized for the rest of their lives :O lucky we are ahead of you and we has only one word meaning he and she. we dont traumatize our babies... i would like to hear an opinion how to teach the biology in the future...

personally... if anyone ever asked me to call him/her without categorizing him/her as a woman or a man, i would definitely ask "it" to pull down "its" pants and quessing what the gender might be... this whole "uncategorizing" and still even more "categorizing" (e.g. LBGTIAQxyzrepWTF) is getting pretty silly nowadays.

GaiPhillyBoy Wrote:There are some terms I do find offensive when it refers to sexuality. I absolutely HATE the term "Faggot".

In my opinion, calling a gay person a Faggot is the equivalent of calling a black man the N word. Context has nothing to do with it. I have a good friend that feels the same way. I will say that I always find myself cringe whenever I hear that word too.

Was it Brahms or Bizet who, on leaving a part, said something to the tune of, "I shall now depart. If I have failed to offend anyone, I apologize?"

Making lists of words that offend quickly becomes a mimic of listing all the words that will get third graders sent to the principal's office. We are not going to eliminate them, so why not learn to deal with them by not using them ourselves or absenting ourselves from conversations where they occur?
I bid NO Trump!