Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Officially Ran out of money
So I followed it up, I bet he wouldn't of called me if I didn't call him bloody agencies!

But got a interview monday Smile, this is how he desribed the people their looking for.
Outgoing I got screwed over by the 1st word, Energetic oh god I'm screwed, a good personality I shouldn't bother going Twak.
I have the pasion and confidence covered but the other stuff... bollocks.

oops forgot to add lively, like it helps.
So from what I understand I have to go their pepped up on coffee, never shut my gob and then go out clubbing afterwords, the job sounds good the people hmm...

I'm destined for a life working at Mc'Donalds.

CardShark Wrote:So I followed it up, I bet he wouldn't of called me if I didn't call him bloody agencies!
But got a interview monday

But you did it. Yelclap Good luck!

CardShark Wrote:But got a interview monday Smile, this is how he desribed the people their looking for.
Outgoing I got screwed over by the 1st word, Energetic oh god I'm screwed, a good personality I shouldn't bother going Twak.
I have the pasion and confidence covered but the other stuff... bollocks.

oops forgot to add lively, like it helps.
So from what I understand I have to go their pepped up on coffee, never shut my gob and then go out clubbing afterwords, the job sounds good the people hmm...

How about a hit of ecstasy? or a quarter hit in case its new to ya... Party

Frank your terrible Grlaugh

Good luck CS keep us informed of how it goes

Whoop Whoop !!!

Xyxthumbs

Good luck with the job interview card you deserve good things

The only thing I'm scared of is, if I get the job is it going to turn something I enjoy doing into something I hate doing?

Unfortunately it's a risk you take when you make a passion into a career, hopefully you'll still enjoy it though.

At the end of the day, it's a job, and ykno what they say - work to live, don't live to work.

(Check out the hypocrite in the green, but however)

Good luck, hope all goes well.

Oh some advice also:

Have a strong (not crushing) handshake
Make and maintain eye contact
Try to be ready to answer any question
Have some general non-answers ready in case you get caught short - the worst thing you can say in an interview is "I don't know"
Try to exhude confidence and don't be afraid to play up your good points, this is a sales pitch, you're selling all your good points and you want them to buy, so try to avoid seeming uncertain.

Most of all, just have a positive attitude to it, if you go in thinking you'll get the job and that you're the best candidate, then that'll work for you - enthusiasm's contagious. XD

Ky xxx

Woolfe Wrote:Unfortunately it's a risk you take when you make a passion into a career, hopefully you'll still enjoy it though.

At the end of the day, it's a job, and ykno what they say - work to live, don't live to work.

(Check out the hypocrite in the green, but however)

Good luck, hope all goes well.

Oh some advice also:

Have a strong (not crushing) handshake
Make and maintain eye contact
Try to be ready to answer any question
Have some general non-answers ready in case you get caught short - the worst thing you can say in an interview is "I don't know"
Try to exhude confidence and don't be afraid to play up your good points, this is a sales pitch, you're selling all your good points and you want them to buy, so try to avoid seeming uncertain.

Most of all, just have a positive attitude to it, if you go in thinking you'll get the job and that you're the best candidate, then that'll work for you - enthusiasm's contagious. XD

Ky xxx

Woolfe excellent advice, complements to your teacher.

Yar, Dave *(lecturer) at Ayr College, probably the best guy you could have teaching anything, the man is unbelievably enthusiastic about anything he teaches!

Honestly though, the guy is enthusiasm personified. If you ever thought H.R. was boring, meet Dave and think again.

Wish there were more lecturers like him!

Ky xx

CardShark Wrote:The only thing I'm scared of is, if I get the job is it going to turn something I enjoy doing into something I hate doing?

Are they asking for lifelong commitment? Its a job not a relationship. If you find that once you have settled in, you don't actually like it then you can look for a different job, in the mean time you need the money.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.