Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh My Gobs! No! Just No!
So, an acquaintance of mine from high school (same graduating class in fact making her 19-20 years old) is having a baby.
Okay, so she wants to pop out a money-suck when she can't hold a job more than a year or two, fine by her. It's her decision.
Well, today she posted on facebook on how she wishes she could drink (alcohol) because she's sooooo stressed and upset.
Now I'm angry.
I hate mothers (and fathers) to be who do this!
"OH MY GOD! I'm soooo stressed! I wish I could just drink everything away!"
No.
NONONONO!!!!!
You are going to be a fucking PARENT!
Either learn to deal with your problems in a mature, responsible, and rational manner -WITHOUT alcohol, drugs, or anything else that doesn't fix the problem but merely make you forget TEMPORARILY- or find someone for that baby that can do these basic things successfully!
I mean, it isn't that much to expect from an expecting mother, is it? For them to be responsible? I don't think it is!

I'm sorry, but I'm just really tired of all these girls I know from my graduating class getting pregnant, and while some are well prepared with steady jobs and supportive friends/family and have been with the same person for YEARS and are actually ready to be parents, a majority of these girls are just as stupid as they were in High School.
There are several families that can't have kids, that want them, and are ready for them...

I'm just really frustrated by the lack of maturity in people, especially people in my age group.

Thoughts on the subject of people that clearly aren't ready to have kids popping them out?

Snatch her head bald and scuff her shoes.

I hope she doesn't drink while she's pregnant she should think of the harm she's doing to the child. My sister is 8 months pregnant and has been smoking all through the pregnancy but won't stop. It bugs me what the smoking Is doing to that baby.
An eye for an eye

you would think pregnancy is a un stoppable disease listening how some mothers complain. i know our hose cat could do it better with far less effort if we let it.

Technically, she said she WANTED to drink (and may have also been speaking in hyperbole), not that she was going to. And maturity is about impulse control, not about the impulses one has.

Hey Rae. I agreed with you at 19. I still agee with you at 67. I grew up in New York City with more drunken Irish parents that could be counted in a census report. The damage done by drunk parents is overwhelming. Check the records of people in prisons. Virtually all had at least one drunk parent. Women do even more damage than men.. Women carry a fetus from conception to birth. The baby can't avoid her addictions. I could make you cry if I told you about every guy I knew who died young with a drunken mother. I had a very truthful pagan mother. She was happy that I was gay. She was delighted that I had a genius IQ and had won scholarships to college. I asked my mom if she drand during my pregnancy. Nothing stronger than tea, John.

I grew up feeling stressed out about the problems of other people. I deliberately forced myself to be calm. I would go the person who stressed me and ask Can we talk. I would explain how I felt and what others felt about them. Use a very soft voice like a priest in a confessional. Make sure they know you will repeat nothing they say. I was surprised how often people wanted to hear themselves speak out loud about their problem, I got a lot of thank yous and people said I made a difference in their life. They knew I was gay and not upset by that fact. It made it easier for them to talk to me. Most thought I had a problem but I liked being gay. I would confess to them what I liked to with guys if they asked me. They seemed shocked but it put their problem in perspective. We all have problems. Yours is obviously stress. Talk to the girl who is stressing you. She probably needs a friend she can talk to.
It doesn't always work. But I saw some people cut back on their drinking when they had someone to talk to. Try it. It will work for you and keep you calm. You did not ignore the problem like most people will. You can definitely help yourself by helping others. I loved to VOLUNTEER. It kept me calm and helpful and it tasted a lot better than alcohol. I am still calm to this day because I still enjoy helping people.

Good luck
John

I think it should be illegal for any girl to have kids until 25 years old.

This would force them to think things out, get rational, and have a steady job and income.

Plus I also think it should be law that anyone wanting to have kids MUST volunteer for a month at a day care center. I think that would put 80% of these girls off the idea of having kids.