Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old pervert! At what age has one become one?
Did you know that narcissism is considered to be a perversion, maybe not of the 'old' kind... ?

[Image: 181915-family-guy-herbert-and-chris.png]
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Cuddly Wrote:Sexuality is great. The knowledge that it doesn't disappear with age is comforting.
It's shameful to disregard older people's sexlives and refer to them as old perverts. They're breathing. And if they happen to be fucking too, then good for them!!

I suppose it all depends who or what they're fucking. I agree with you that it is comforting to think that sexuality doesn't go just because you age. Some aspects of its expression might go, or decline, but the glint in one's eye, does that ever disappear?

LONDONER Wrote:[Image: 181915-family-guy-herbert-and-chris.png]

Lol, creepy, creepy.... hehe.

[Image: women-sugar_daddy-sugar_daddies-old_man-...26_low.jpg]

Twenty-sixish? Around there? I believe the general guideline is that pervy is as pervy does.

princealbertofb Wrote:Ok, to be more precise I would like this to concentrate on the idea of age difference, but don't want this thread to go into paedophilia, which is another subject altogether. This is not about the Lolita type of 'perversion'.

Why do you consider "age difference" a "perversion" at all? If it's mutual, consensual and of legal age, how is that a "perversion"?

[SIZE="4"]According to an online dictionary:

Verb: To change the inherent purpose or function of something
Noun: A person whose behaviour deviates from what is acceptable

So, there is no specific age attached to either the verb or the noun. One can be perverted and become a pervert at any age. As an example one could quote the case of James Bulger who was abducted, tortured and murdered in the UK by two ten year old boys (the youngest murderers in British history) in 1993. That could understandably be classed as deviating from the acceptable.[/SIZE]

Is James Bulger the example you want to hang a definition on? When "abducted, tortured, murdered" is in the list of crimes, does it matter how old his victims were, 10 years old, or 60 years old? The whole act of murdering someone is unacceptable in civil society.

Ask many heterosexual men and any same-sex attraction is a perversion... so who is it you're seeking a definition from? Or are you asking what is "normal" or "acceptable" in the gay/bi dating/hookup world?

I'll go with MikeW's response if sex (or whatever) is between partners "mutual, consensual and of legal age" then who should judge it as a perversion? I've had boys as young as 14 seeking a hookup with me (promptly reported and blocked on whatever app I was using.)

MikeW Wrote:Why do you consider "age difference" a "perversion" at all? If it's mutual, consensual and of legal age, how is that a "perversion"?
I'm only using age difference because I think it's implied in the world 'old' with a negative overtone. One could be a young pervert just as well, but I'm guessing the phrase goes with someone generally older, or quite a bit older, supposedly perverting someone younger, no? Or lusting after someone who would be considered the wrong age.

But I don't think age difference constitutes the perversion per se. I completely agree that if it's legal and consensual it could never be considered as perversion (at least from the inside of the relationship), which doesn't mean that this kind of judgement would not be passed by others viewing the relationship from the outside. So this is basically about how some relationships or types of behaviour could be seen as coming from an 'old pervert'. It's a more complex thing than we'd like to admit, probably.