Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older partners.
Based on a previous thread that is fast turning this way.. I thought I would ask.

At your current age now would you date someone 10 years or more older than you? Yes or no, and to that answer why? :biggrin:

Only asking because its quite interesting Rolleyes
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Oh and if you are in a relationship with someone 10 years or older.. How do you find it? Do you find people judge you - look down? Or poke fun? Or have you had some issues to cross you wouldn't have with someone your age? :biggrin:
[/COLOR]

Certainly not because I am already spoken for! (But if I wasn't I would so long as I found him attractive, witty, etc.)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

See for me personally. Theres a few older guys I know and like and wonder if it could work - but then I think about where they are in their life and where I am.. and being 20 still in uni not let out into the world so to speak is very far from being 30 ready to settle down and enjoy life reached certain levels and aspirations that was required and yeh... So personally me and someone 10 years+ I doubt would work Cry.. Unless Andy of course Wink
[/COLOR]

When I was 17 he was a god. At 25 I see him as someone who only wanted to keep me down.( he is 40 now ) That might be true even if we were the same age, but it is the only experience I have.

Twazzle Wrote:At your current age now would you date someone 10 years or more older than you?

I wouldn't date anyone older than me, but would say maybe up to 5 years
or so younger... IMO 10 years is too much difference.

Twazzle Wrote:being 20 still in uni not let out into the world so to speak is very far from being 30 ready to settle down
I've seen this said a few times now being 30 and ready to settle down. what??? I'm 36 and more ready to seek out adventure than ever, my partner is 47 and we have just moved back from a 2 year adventure in spain. as soon as we have saved a litte money we will go and live somewhere else in the world just for the hell of it. we go out 3-4 nights a week and party hard and live life pretty much to the full. why do people think life stops at 30 ????. believe me, life gets better the older you get and the more people you meet.

I have always had in my head that someone say 5 + years above me will have very different tastes from me and would not be suited. I dont know know. I think i would prefer someone my age exactly as i will have the most in common with that person, however..... my friends all think i act older than i am in person, but that because of the life i have had, being army and deploying to far regions of the world has made me mature more rapidly than most people my age group. But i have that 'child' side and i love to act upon it from playing rockband with my mates till 4 am and doing dirt jumps in a forest until i fall off is not summit im sure a 34 year old (10 years my age) would proably find fun. Prove me wrong PA, Prove me wrong!!

So i am unsure, i think i would have to know the person and be asured that he will want to do the same stuff as me and i will like what he does.

But as i write this i worry, what if hes more like a dad than a partner...... im confused now..... im gonna say id prefer someone my age as i knows theres more chance they will be into my sort of thing!!

come on guys post your views this is an intresting topic twazz!!

Bazz x

fudger Wrote:I've seen this said a few times now being 30 and ready to settle down. what??? I'm 36 and more ready to seek out adventure than ever, my partner is 47 and we have just moved back from a 2 year adventure in spain. as soon as we have saved a litte money we will go and live somewhere else in the world just for the hell of it. we go out 3-4 nights a week and party hard and live life pretty much to the full. why do people think life stops at 30 ????. believe me, life gets better the older you get and the more people you meet.

Its not so much thinking life stops at thirty. You've just matured and got to settle more with an idea of what you want - presuming that you've tried things in your twenties which to me is a fair assessment no? - Considering me for example 20 not lived away from home not had a full time job not had any responsibilities outside of education - still have a very structured life. :confused:
[/COLOR]

albabonzai Wrote:... Prove me wrong PA, Prove me wrong!!...
Funny, we've been talking about getting bikes Confusedmile: