Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Older partners.
marshlander Wrote:Funny, we've been talking about getting bikes Confusedmile:

ok i will teach you some neat tricks and take you to some north shore dirt jumps??

Sounds exciting, but dare you risk damaging these ancient bones?:eek:

fudger Wrote:why do people think life stops at 30 ????. believe me, life gets better the older you get and the more people you meet.

Because it does (or might as well) end after 30
There's more responsibilities Laugh LOL
The older you get the worse you feel (physically, not mentally)

Twazzle Wrote:presuming that you've tried things in your twenties which to me is a fair assessment no?:confused:

I'd say have to say 'no' - did basically nothing with my youth.. didn't party
or go out or date or.....really anything :redface:
Now i'm deff getting old (and readily admit that i'm no longer young)

I'm 37 now. My partner is 7 years older than me. We met 9 years ago. 7 years mattered nothing then, and matters not now. I doubt 10 years would make much difference either. If two people are compatable, it works.

I have to say.. Most of the nah age doesn't matter seems to be from older members... Is this mainly due to experience?
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Ok so maybe at 36 I have a few more resposibilities like a mortgage but all I did was rent my house out for 2 years whilst my partner and I travelled around spain. appart from that I can't think of anything else that stops me enjoying life as much as I did in my twenties. I have no kids of my own to worry about (2 step kids but they are 19 and 23). Infact I have more spare money to waste on pure indulgence now than I ever did. my plan for the next 4 years is to save money and plan a motorbike trip from Alaska to Chilli which I've wanted to do for about the last 10 years (it's why I wanted to live in spain and learn spanish).
as for not feeling as fit in my 30's as I did in my twenties, I think it's just a matter of keeping in shape, if you treat your body like theres nothing to live for then it's going to age very fast.
Mentally I'm still 21 and eager to see all the things the world has to offer.

Live for today Xyxthumbs

Yeh but again you have different goals and ambitions and that.. I mean when I turn 21 I finish uni and have an unbelievable amount of student loans to clear - Meaning I have to focus on getting into a profession and working away at that.. I can't simply drop everything and go travelling for however long.. Do you see where im coming from?

Both ages have different goals and ambitions.. Being older you have things slightly more mapped out - I'm assuming you have an idea of a career, where you want to live and be located.. and not in the position that I am of wondering where I can go.. What can I do.. What happens next!! Lol
[/COLOR]

at the moment work is very hard to come by. have you ever thought of taking a gap year and doing something to give you experience of life, it would give you a distinct advantage on your CV above all those people who had to take a job in Mac Donalds because they couldn't find the graduate job they wanted. "helped build a school in Giana" or "taught English in Peru to orphans" looks so much better than "got a star for best burger flipper of the week".
Just because you have finnished your uni degree doesn't meen you have to pay the debt right away, go live a little Xyxthumbs

Those sorts of plans go out of the window very quickly. When I left uni, I was going to be a teacher. Within a few years I was in IT, and now I'm living in Sweden working on a farm part time and off working in the Middle East the rest.

Plans are great, but don't focus on them completely. Enjoy the ride!

At the moment I can't do that even If I wanted to for various reasons.. Money.. Health :tongue: But it is something I considered. Although personally I think if I took a gap year I'd struggle to fit back in.
[/COLOR]