Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olfactory Woes
Hello Wadino, and in this particular case, I think it might be partly pheromones, the natural scent of his body, or the grooming products he uses, but mostly the way those products wear on him when he starts to live.

The technique of having him in the bathtub or jacuzzi, or shower might take away some of the edge, but it's also likely that the smell will creep back if you decide to go to bed together.
You may have noticed that some scents (or colognes) tend to smell quite nice out of the bottle until you actually apply them on skin, and then they can take on all sorts of different smells. You can't just wear any scent, as some won't smell good to you.

Maybe it's a question of him changing his grooming products, because the chemical reaction is one that you don't like the smell of. I doubt that he can even smell himself. You can only smell yourself once you start to smell pretty bad and when it gets hotter. Smells also tend to get forgotten after we've been in contact with them for a while. Enter a stuffy room and it'll be unpleasant for a few minutes, after a while, you'll have forgotten and got used to it.

Part of his natural smell could also come from some of the products he consumes and the way they 'burn off', ie entering the sweat glands (there are some all over our bodies) and therefore being released during exertion.

Unfortunately, there are some people who are allergic to other people's bodies, their smell-s and their body chemistry. You could be getting a rash, rather than getting giddy or heady with disgust. There isn't much you can do about it, and it certainly isn't fair to your partner to give up on things because of that, but if you're allergic to or put off by the smell, you're not going to get the full enjoyment of your sexual encounters, so maybe it's better that he should find someone else who enjoys his personal scent, or aroma, and who isn't put off by it.

I have noticed, one of my colleagues, and friends, who is perfectly clean (I have no doubt about that) starts smelling a bit stronger when she has her period. I notice it, not that it bothers me, but I don't particularly enjoy that smell, which reminds me that some people wear the wrong perfume, or too much of it. But what can she do about the pheromonal signals her body's giving out?

Pinching you without asking you whether you're into it, is uncool.

Smell is huge for me. I need to smell someone before I sleep with them. And hopefully, they are not overdosed in cologne or other shit that will mask their real scent.

Everyone has a personal smell and even the most attractive person will turn me off if I don't like the way they smell. Someone who wasn't particularly alluring to me by sight would shoot way up in points if they smelled great to me. I mean their natural pheromones - not hygiene related smells like soap, etc.

If you're gagging at the lingering scent, I'm thinking you're not too attracted to them. Wouldn't work long term, I would guess.