Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olfactory Woes
Next date ideas: swimming, hot tubbing, or invite him over to your place and then invite him to take a shower with you.

Rugelach is yummy!

If you are not familiar with Jewish cooking you have a treat in store!

As for the guy, was it some sort of soap or cologne? Smileydies
I bid NO Trump!

Just say "the chemistry wasn't right", and break it off.

And no, I've never experienced it. I've noticed guys have different smells, but they've never been rank - just different.

Lex

There is a particular body scent that I don't encounter often but think is really nice. Hard to describe but very distinct. It would be weird if it ended up being the same scent that repels you and [MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION] find so offensive.

Wade Wrote:It was a kind of sweet smell and it was mainly in the crotch area. He is uncut.... which is bullshit cause he's Jewish. Like super Jewish. He wore a yarmulke for fuck's sake! Talk about false advertising.

Why is it bullshit?

Only 30% of Jews in nordic countries are cut. Many jews in the US do not cut their sons. Many orthodox jews only carry out a ritual blood letting, i.e. a tiny cut on the foreskin to draw a token drop of blood causing no long term damage or reduction in sensitivity.

Google "Brit shalom" and "jewsagainstcircumcision"

Uncut Jew? Hot.

It isn't something I have ever had much reason to discuss, but I could never say for certain I would sleep with a guy with out smelling him first. Seriously. Some guys just don't smell "right" to me, while others...it's like rutting season! LOL Wink
~Beaux

Actually.... Pheromones play a huge role in who you land up with - scent is one of the key players in who we are attracted too.

Unfortunately, we live in a world that has developed the means to mask odors, to change a person's scent.

Unlike dogs, humans don't go around sniffing crotches until later in the meet and greet phase - so you most likely didn't get a whiff of the 'real' him, you got his artificial scent which lead to to this awkward situation where you find you are not that attracted to him once you got a good whiff of the real him.

Scent and mating is a huge deal to most mammalians lifeforms on Earth. Scent has been found to be a good communicator of Genetic compatibility between individuals of the same species. Elephants (male ones) go into rut and part of that is 'weeping' a heavily musked oil which attracts only those females that would be compatible to the male, and also drives away sisters (close kin) where interbreeding would be a negative toward survival of the species.

Humans are first and foremost animals - unfortunately we continually make the huge mistake of thinking that we are beyond all of that animal stuff, thus get all confused and upset when instincts, and biology and our animal hind brain causes us to be less than we hoped.

While its true that two males won't lead to offspring, the reality is that LGBT are still hardwired to seek a compatible mate for the sake of breeding the next generation. That may sound strange considering same gendered individuals can try as hard as they like to make babies - but humans are human and the trait that leads to homosexuality is really not that significant of a change in the sex processes - meaning you are still a slave to the thousands of other traits that evolution has put in humans to insure the survival of your genetic material.

No, there is nothing he nor you can do to change his scent. Yes, definitely there is a guy out there who will go crazy for him due to his scent. Clearly its not you.

I hope you were not hoping for a LTR with this guy - chances are high you are going to discover there is a lot more to him that irritates to down-right repulses you other than his scent.

I have a co-worker who's blind...he insists that every person has a distinct odor that's unique...I've seen him identify people he knows by smell as well as by their voice...he jokes and treats it like a parlor trick, but I think it's pretty amazing.

Because of him, I've become more consciously aware of the way people smell. I have one acquaintance who has a pungent, spicy smell that I find nearly unbearable...he literally gives me a headache.

The whole thing interests me and I've been looking for books or articles that explain the whole phenomenon of associations evoked by smell...fascinating...

Beaux Wrote:Seriously. Some guys just don't smell "right" to me, while others...it's like rutting season! LOL Wink
~Beaux

I feel the same way. I had a friend who had a scent that drove me crazy (didn't tell him that, of course). I wish I had stolen a shirt of his just so I could smell it. So weird how important that is.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I hope you were not hoping for a LTR with this guy - chances are high you are going to discover there is a lot more to him that irritates to down-right repulses you other than his scent.

I wasn't. We agreed that it was a physical thing we had. We just didn't click in almost every way anyhow.

(Also... as a side note: He kept pinching me in various parts of my torso. After a while I felt like he was secretly sizing me up for a stew or something.)