Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Jesus Christ as Messiah. Savior or Redeemer
Wintereis Wrote:How many historical figures can the same be said of, particularly from such an early era . . . just saying. Everyone thought the city of Troy was just an old legend not that long ago and that Pandas were mythological creatures. I would be more wary than you are being in discounting old stories. I'm not saying to believe everything you read, just don't discount everything you don't agree with.

I'm not discounting it because I don't agree with it, I'm discounting the idea that we have access to an accurate portrait of who Jesus was as a person because of the limited information and poor reliability of the text. If we had numerous contemporary accounts of who Jesus was, it would be more useful than four accounts written 50-100 years after his death.

Well, Pip, I can hardly argue with that. I personally don't think who ever he was, he was able to turn water into wine or walk on water or was born from a virgin . . . so, I would have to say that it is an inaccurate picture. I do believe that there must be someone behind that persona we have, a religious leader who must have inspired the people around him to a following that began Christianity. I would also have to say that it also seems very logical that we also have received the major content of that religious leaders philosophy if not his exact words.

having said the above, I cannot say that I believe that Christ is any more holly a religious leader than Gandhi or Martin Luther King.

There is only two words I can say towards this and they are Bull S*&(*