Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"One In A Million"
I just love the phrases The Liver Center nurses and docs come up with to describe my health.

Background: I discovered that I was living with Hep C for 20 years. I was very healthy riding my single speed bicycle up the hills of San Francisco.

The docs scared me into treatment which three months into I discovered was low dose chemo.

I am cured but three years after treatment still suffering from the meds they fed me (treatment lasted 72 weeks).

I have a set of new docs. One has had two liver transplants and his wife had hep C and was treated with the same meds as me (and she is suffering from treatment five years after being cured). Second is the top Liver doc at the large university nearest me. I couldnt get to meet him first but today met with his nurse practitioner.

She was pretty concerned after I went over two pages of notes explaining my long term symptoms. She says that I am the worse case she has ever heard of in her eight years. She says that I am one in a million suffering so bad after treatment! Lucky me :tongue:

Last year I met with another nurse and she kept saying "Sorry, We destroyed your life"! She kept saying this over and over and I was thinking "she isnt suppose to say stuff like this".

This new nurse was so shocked by my condition that she tried to get me to see the doc (she calls him "Guru") but he was lecturing. So after discussing with him for a few mins she did a ton of blood tests and said they would bump another patient so I could see the doc in two weeks instead of two months.

So I come home and take a nap and a couple hours later this nurse calls with my blood results. She had put in a rush for the tests and had some of the results just hours later and called me personally at 9pm. I am really impressed and maybe have some hope that they will find some answers.

Fingers crossed all,
thanks

p.s. Even with two pages of symptoms my blood work nearly always comes back perfect or on the line, same as todays' tests = driving me crazy Bouncer

Well, OFCOURSE you're special ! Wink

On a serious note babe, i'm real sorry to hear about your condition. Its gotta be hell on the body to go through all that treatment, but at the rate that they're progressing with technology these days i'm sure they'll be able to sort you out in no time !

Always here for a chat eh ! Wink2
on msn all day as well, [email protected]

:frown: It's a shame when you put your trust into doctors like that and they don't even really clarify what the long term effects are gonna be on you. If they tell you and allow you time to mull it over, maybe you'd be able to come to terms with it and realise it's helping you in the long run, rather than thinking to yourself "what is wrong with me? I'm meant to be cured!" :frown:

Still it's nice to know that there are still doctors and nurses out there that actually care for their patients and don't see them as 'another customer' that they want to rush through as quickly as possible to get the next one in. It's nice to know that they are bending over backwards for you so to speak, just to see you return to good health again.

Good luck man Confusedmile:

Thanks Rowan, I wish I wasnt THIS special.

I am glad that I was born optimistic and am keeping fingers crossed that those great docs will find something in the near future.

and Thanks also Smurlos. I was scared into starting treatment and was even surprised at the docs for recommending it to me. Three years off treatment and the meds have done something to my body that wasnt suppose to happen = that is why I am soooooo special Lol2

I have been to so many docs and there are a few out there that really do care. The rest of them should be taken out back and shot. I have actually been lied to so that the doc could relax and not worry about destroying my life.

Some of my story is so insane that I think the docs arent going to believe me but am even more shocked when they understand that the meds they are feeding us do have very strong side effects.

So please stay healthy everyone.
hugs,
frank

well, its good you're so positive and optimistic. quite amazing actually.

Keep it up mate ! dont lose hope, there's always something on the horizon.