Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One ring phone scam
It seems so far that this is affecting only the Americas but it serves as a warning:

http://concord.bbb.org/article/one-ring-...newsletter
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

One member of this forum who shall be nameless, has imposed an infraction on me for having posted the link above claiming that it is advertising SPAM. Please someone, tell me how can this be considered advertising and SPAM? I posted it in the hope that it would be useful knowledge.

LONDONER Wrote:One member of this forum who shall be nameless, has imposed an infraction on me for having posted the link above claiming that it is advertising SPAM. Please someone, tell me how can this be considered advertising and SPAM? I posted it in the hope that it would be useful knowledge.

Whoever it is probably did not even bother to read the article.

Although this is an old tactic..........I agree with you, VERY useful information for anyone with a phone of any kind.

Thats ok, I've been "infracted" for something ludicrous before too. I think we all have at one point.

If I do not know the phone number, I do not answer it. If they want me to call them back, they can leave me a message to let me know who they are.

I do not even answer my front door, unless I know who it is.

MisterTinkles Wrote:If I do not know the phone number, I do not answer it. If they want me to call them back, they can leave me a message to let me know who they are.

I'm the same way. If I don't know the number, I don't pick up.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

MisterTinkles Wrote:Whoever it is probably did not even bother to read the article.

Although this is an old tactic..........I agree with you, VERY useful information for anyone with a phone of any kind.

Thats ok, I've been "infracted" for something ludicrous before too. I think we all have at one point.

Thanks MisterTinkles. It's not the first time that he's done that to me. Fortunately Andy deleted the first infration as he considered it unjustified. I have no idea what that member has against me.

You understand we can all check who gave you the infraction right?

I'm not sure why he did it.
I knew he didn't like you, but I don't think that's a good excuse for giving random infractions.

No, I didn't know that Genersis. Ah well, I was just trying to be fair by not naming him.

Went and read the rules...Reversed infraction...No rules were broken...Moving on now...

Thanks for this. I think I might understand why this occasionally happens to my celly now, and don't feel bad about not making calls back any more.

Everything else aside........I think Andy should have a special SCAM thread dedicated to this kind of thing, so anyone looking to see if they are the possible victim of a scam can just look on the SCAM thread to see if there is anything related on there, and read it.

I dont even have caller ID, but there always are people calling me then disconnecting.

Maybe it was this scam.