Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One year ago
So I came out a year ago. I'm celebrating with a cappuccino at the local coffeehouse. Thought I'd share my thoughts after a year of living the gay life. This is mainly for people stuck living straight. I lived that way most of my life other then my last 2 years of High School.

If I had it to do over I would not have run away from living and embracing my gayness. I lost out on so so much. I really miss that I did not get to date in my 20's. I missed that I think the most (and in my 30's 40's and 50's Smile ) I know that I shouldn't but I really regret the last 40 years overall. Not all of it but I regret that I was not true to myself, to my true self. Of course thing were different way back in the 60's. I know if I was 20 years old today I would be out. I meet great gay guys now and it just kind of reinforces all the possible relationships I missed out on.

I do have a great boyfriend now and we are very happy together and are planning our future but I guess if you are on the fence I'd encourage you to be true to yourself and don't waste your life being someone you aren't and reach 60 years regretting your choices and everything you missed out on.

Hope that didn't sound preachy

Cheers!
Even with a cappuccino, LOL!

Sheep

What's important is that your happy now...

thanks for sharing this...it does put a note of determination towards fully embracing the "gayness", something that I've neglected so far

cheers, and may you have lots of happy years with the BF....enjoy it Confusedmile:

Congrats and I'm glad that you've found where you want to be :]

..more years to you and your partner <3

I am really happy for you Dale, you made the best decisions in your life. No regrets there cause you must be really happy before when you are still with your bestfriend, which is your wife. You must have learned a lot of things during those times and it made you who you are right now.

Those events contributed to where you are right now, so you dont have to regret. Its just a matter of time, and everything just fell on its proper places. Though I must say, it is pretty regretful as well if you would look back and think what you couldve done out of your life if you came out of the closet sooner. You couldve met and enjoyed lots of guys in the past years..

However, Things couldve been different, you might be hurt several times, you might have been too vulnerable and dated a lot of guys who will just wreck you in the end. I am happy you are enjoying now the kind of relationship you have always wanted! Smile

But for guys who are in the closet, its their choice if they are still not comfortable being out. We can all date someone even if we are not out, like me who had discreet relationships. We can all enjoy the gay life we want even if we are not too out. But of course, time should come when you already fully accept yourself and be out to everybody. But the pace is still in your hands and its your own decision..

Not preachy -- good advice to people growing up in a different time. Thank goodness times have changed!

I'm glad you get to experience life now as who you really are. Smile

Thanks I really appreciate your comments!

[QUOTE=)But for guys who are in the closet, its their choice if they are still not comfortable being out. We can all date someone even if we are not out, like me who had discreet relationships. We can all enjoy the gay life we want even if we are not too out. But of course, time should come when you already fully accept yourself and be out to everybody. But the pace is still in your hands and its your own decision..[/QUOTE]

Thanks Evan! That is a very good point!

That didn't sound at all preachy, elad.

It's always good to read someone's successful coming out story, and I think it encourages other readers who are at a place where they're thinking or anticipating coming out too.

Well done!

[Image: 200.gif]
**clink**

Thank you for being here Dale Bighug