Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Organ transplants
princealbertofb Wrote:I misread you, Genz... I thought you wrote the vast majority, thus making me question what you meant... It's all clear now. My mistake. Sorry :redface:

Oh, I thought that could of been the case. I just didn't want to assume.:redface:

LONDONER Wrote:I would not donate my organs quite apart from the fact that I don't think they would be any use to anyone but also because I don't believe in the concept of organ doation.. It has absolutely nothing to do with religious belief since I'm not a believer. It is simply that I believe that the world is already overpopulated and people should be allowed to die natural deaths. Death after all, is part of the natural cycle of life. I am also a firm advocate of euthanasia.

Do you support the idea of medicine?

I know it may seem strange, but both concepts are similar in the capacity that they are both methods of human intervention to prevent natural deaths.

If anything, I'd say an organ transplant is a form of medicament.

Genersis Wrote:Do you support the idea of medicine?

I know it may seem strange, but both concepts are similar in the capacity that they are both methods of human intervention to prevent natural deaths.

If anything, I'd say an organ transplant is a form of medicament.

But in my opinion, a step too far. I cite Mandela once again. I don't know whether he's on a life support machine or not but has fought long and hard in his life and he deserves a dignified and peaceful death.

LONDONER Wrote:But in my opinion, a step too far. I cite Mandela once again. I don't know whether he's on a life support machine or not but has fought long and hard in his life and he deserves a dignified and peaceful death.

Do you hold this position only when someone is dying of something old age related then?

LONDONER Wrote:But in my opinion, a step too far. I cite Mandela once again. I don't know whether he's on a life support machine or not but has fought long and hard in his life and he deserves a dignified and peaceful death.

There is nothing dignified about denying care to someone who wants that care.

In the case of a father or mother who could be saved and needs to be there for his/her family, I'd be all for the possibility of saving a life. Euthanasia is a different concept, and suicide even another one.

Genersis Wrote:Do you hold this position only when someone is dying of something old age related then?

No, not necessarily. The British author Terry Pratchett is not that old but he is in the first stages of Alzheimer and he campaigns for euthanasia.

LONDONER Wrote:No, not necessarily. The British author Terry Pratchett is not that old but he is in the first stages of Alzheimer and he campaigns for euthanasia.

Yes, but that's a little different, isn't it?
Fighting for the right to choose to die, and the denying of organs to those who need and possibly want them.

Look at people who get transplants above people who REALLY need them, and still abuse their bodies.....Joe Dimaggio and Larry Hagman for examples. Alcoholics for most of their lives, pay to get new livers/kidneys and still abuse them, and die within a year or two anyway.

But for me...hell yeah! I want to be a huge pain in stupid peoples lives for as long as I can live!!!!

The same law has been valid in our country for decades now. I am glad.