Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oscar predictions
Quick,before the ceremony gets televised,give at least one or all of your Oscar predictions!Mine are for Best Actress : Ellen Page.She is AMAZING,Canada must be so proud.Another one is Best Screenplay : Juno.

I've heard that Marion Cotillard in La Vie en Rose stood a good chance, but I haven't seen the film yet, so I wouldn't be one to judge... Haven't seen Juno either. Sorry...

Too late for predictions now so lets comment on the results.
http://oscar.com/oscarnight/winners/index

La vie en Rose won for oscar for best actress and Juno Best screen play. I want Ellen Page to win but i havent watch La Vie en Rose.

Damn you Marion!After Ellen was snubbed for even a nomination for Hard Candy,she's snubbed again!Yes,I havent seen Lavie..blah blah but we're talking Juno here.Also disappointed that Ruby Dee didnt get anything even after Tilda Swinton basically said she didnt give an arse about awards.How do you say "You don't deserve that Oscar" in French?Oh well

I know Marion was very very happy to get it... Overly so???? That's all I heard from the radio today.... However, once a teacher, always a teacher... Here's the translation for "You don't deserve that Oscar, Marion"
Would you say it politely, or more familiarly?
"Vous ne méritez pas cet Oscar, Marion" or "Mademoiselle".
More familiar:
"Tu ne mérites pas cet Oscar, Marion."

It's still much better than the words our President used to address a man at the Agricultural Fair. "Get the F*ck out of here, you Pr*ck!" I'm shocked!!!

*jaw drops to the floor* What?What did the poor guy do?Was he eyeing the delicious Mrs Sarkozy perhaps?For some reason,I've always thought that you were a Brit living in France.Well,he still has nothing on our former Deputy President.Whilst on trial for RAPE,he said that after sleeping with the HIV+ victim,he had a shower so there was no way he contracted the disease.I didn't know whether to cry or to laugh.

Hooorah!
Juno best Original Screenplay! DESERVED

AND ATONEMENT FOR BEST ORIGINAL SCORE. Perfect. The music was perfect. (Yes that's right, I was missing lines from the film because I was too busy analysing the underlying music and it's relationship to the screen.)

Dan1089 Wrote:*jaw drops to the floor* What?What did the poor guy do?Was he eyeing the delicious Mrs Sarkozy perhaps?For some reason,I've always thought that you were a Brit living in France.Well,he still has nothing on our former Deputy President.Whilst on trial for RAPE,he said that after sleeping with the HIV+ victim,he had a shower so there was no way he contracted the disease.I didn't know whether to cry or to laugh.

The Pres was wading his way through a crowd at the Fair... Chirac used to be good at this sort of exercise... anyway, he comes up to a man while shaking hands with people from the crowd, this man said: "Don't touch me. You'll foul me /or filthy me!" to which the Pres said what I mentioned above... Maybe this man of the street's words were strong but that is NO WAY TO BEHAVE for a president, imho.